Author Topic: AEG G.IV Lozenge  (Read 1686 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
AEG G.IV Lozenge
« on: November 07, 2017, 04:05:03 AM »
   I am in the planning stages of taking a crack at the Wingnut Wings AEG G.IV Late kit and read somewhere here the number of sheets of Aviattic Lozenge required to complete the Build, but cannot recall nor locate the answer. I know the 5 Color Night Pattern Lozenge is required, (I'm planning 574/18 from the Canadian Aviation and Space Museum) and suspect the answer is four. Does anyone know how much, perhaps from a completed Build? :-\
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
Re: AEG G.IV Lozenge
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 05:06:34 AM »
Hi Lance, not 100% sure, but based on the instruction booklet, it looks like you would need four (three full sheets and a little more).  Looking forward to seeing you handle this one.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 06:06:21 AM by Juan »

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 05:25:39 AM »
   Thanks Juan, there's three full sheets in the Kit, the forward fuselage is dark blue-black or was hand painted larger lozenge so three would just do it however, like flooring etc. you always are smart to add 20% or more for errors. Guess I'd better order four unless someone else has a different answer.
I have lots of time before I start the Build, let alone get to that stage!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline IanB

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2017, 09:49:46 AM »
Isn't that aircraft in night hex, not lozenge?

Ian

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2017, 12:14:21 PM »
Ian,
   I could be wrong however  the term "Hex", as I understand it, refers to the German Navy pattern as applied on their Sea Based aircraft such as the Hb.12's and 29's. Aviattic refer to and label as such the "Night Lozenge Pattern" on their products that are recommended for the AEG's and Gothas. Perhaps a terminology error on my part, however I'd tend to go with Aviattic's expertise. Could be a worse assumption on my part I suppose, like a definitive statement on the real shade of PC.10! :o
Cheers,
Lance