Author Topic: Wooden Propellers  (Read 6276 times)

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
Re: Wooden Propellers
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2017, 10:36:25 PM »
As I couldn't see any manufacturer labels on these props
We thought about it for a long time and decided not to make decal labels for our propellers because the WnW kits have their own great labels and we do not want to increace the price of our product adding a useless decal

The WNW kits might have the decal, Roden kits and scratchbuilds don't

Can you offer a sheet of propeller decals as well? I couldn't find one when I wanted one for my Nieuport or Sopwith

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Proper Plane

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2017, 10:48:23 PM »
Can you offer a sheet of propeller decals as well? I couldn't find one when I wanted one for my Nieuport or Sopwith
Richard
We are sorry but we can't. We will work on this opportunity in the future 
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 07:46:23 PM by Proper Plane »

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: December 21, 2017, 03:24:59 AM »
As I couldn't see any manufacturer labels on these props
We thought about it for a long time and decided not to make decal labels for our propellers because the WnW kits have their own great labels and we do not want to increace the price of our product adding a useless decal

Richard

Richard, LW models offer at least labels for German and British props, so your could use them for your Sopwith - sadly there are no Levasseur Label decals out there which is a pity. I once used German Integral decals for French integral props.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2017, 06:03:02 AM »
Richard, LW models offer at least labels for German and British props, so your could use them for your Sopwith - sadly there are no Levasseur Label decals out there which is a pity. I once used German Integral decals for French integral props.
Borsos

That threw me for a while - LF models: https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_31_65&zenid=ueorfcnij8ud4dorhu3ps6lq42

Thank you, that's new information for me

It's good here, isn't it!

Richard

MORE: I notice they also sell wooden props with decals: https://www.lfmodels.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2_75_76&products_id=1859&zenid=ueorfcnij8ud4dorhu3ps6lq42
« Last Edit: December 21, 2017, 06:46:10 AM by RLWP »
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline Proper Plane

« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2018, 10:53:04 PM »
This #Sopwith #Pup propeller was manufactured by Frederick Sage & Co. Ltd during the First World War. Frederick Sage was a shop fitting company that turned to aircraft production to help with the war effort.

This is a Proper Plane wooden propeller prototype in 1/32 scale for WnW Sopwith Pup kit. It was made using the kit detail with some amendments according the photos of real propeller. It will be available with 3D modeled resin hub.

Bigger picture https://scontent.fiev1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26220210_368577056938748_2609650829242921986_n.png?oh=b293daaf3ada2ec5c80a21f09f29aba2&oe=5AB1E7E7

Offline Borsos

« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2018, 03:26:42 AM »
That is doubtless a wonderful prop and a piece of really impressing craftmanship.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Proper Plane

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 01:25:08 AM »
That is doubtless a wonderful prop and a piece of really impressing craftmanship.
Borsos
Thank you Borsos!

Offline Proper Plane

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2018, 06:59:35 PM »
A new limited-edition Proper Plane propeller Sage for Sopwith Pup is available for order. It has a "pressed boss" that needs very precise processing to do it perfectly.