Author Topic: 1/32 Roden DH2  (Read 4470 times)

Offline lone modeller

Re: 1/32 Roden DH2
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 06:09:11 AM »
Lovely to see a pusher. Even better to see one constructed and weathered in this way. Outstanding all round.

Stephen.

Offline compressor man

« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 08:16:46 AM »
Glad everyone is liking it. One thing I want to mention though. When I finally finished everything, I sprayed a coat of dullcoat over the entire plane. I dont know if anyone noticed but it really made the rigging HUGE and White. I used invisible thread and it was initially very small, well...live and learn.

Honestly, the rigging on this one was such a chore that this may just be my last WW1 plane. It really started to get un-fun in the end. Not sure how some of you guys push through. So many of the models here have rigging far more elaborate than mine.

Chris

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 09:12:55 PM »
Chris, altough being late in commenting I think that's one of the best DH 2s I've ever seen. You did a great job and it's hard to tell if it's the WNW or the Roden kit.
I know what you mean regarding the rigging, but I can only encourage you not to quit WWI modelling as we expect more such beauties off your bench. I think all other scouts do have less wire then the DH 2 pusher so it will be much easier next time  ;)!
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline kensar

• Reshaping the world - one piece at a time.
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 10:47:13 AM »
Time to decompress. :D

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2017, 07:43:26 PM »
A nice one! Pushers are very dear to me. Mostly because they have just enough rigging. :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.