Author Topic: Fly's Roland D VI b 1/48  (Read 7666 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Fly's Roland D VI b 1/48
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2017, 01:40:13 AM »
Up next Decaling the wings and start the masking for some blue stripes ...

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2017, 03:25:41 AM »
Excellent construction and prep work T! Looking forward to seeing the decals applied to the wings!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2017, 10:34:19 AM »
Thank you Rick , hoping to have the wings done by the weekend minus the rib tapes .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 01:24:27 PM »
Spent the weekend applying the lozenge decals on the wings and I stareded this on the top wing to soon . Forgot to paint the rad before the decaling began . Will have some masking ahead of me and hop the tape won't lift the decals . Will hit this with a few coats of future . The lower lozenge I didn't have any troubles with . Can't say the same for the upper lozenge . Had lots of patch work to do . The decals would tear and cracking up . Also sprayed the wheels and these still need clear coat before decaling . Will also start masking up the fuselage and getting it ready for paint .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 01:25:17 PM »
Uppers  :-X

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 12:16:54 AM »
Looking good to my eyes T! I can't see any evidence of rips and tears.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 01:43:34 AM »
Spent the weekend applying the lozenge decals on the wings and I stareded this on the top wing to soon . Forgot to paint the rad before the decaling began . Will have some masking ahead of me and hop the tape won't lift the decals . Will hit this with a few coats of future . The lower lozenge I didn't have any troubles with . Can't say the same for the upper lozenge . Had lots of patch work to do . The decals would tear and cracking up . Also sprayed the wheels and these still need clear coat before decaling . Will also start masking up the fuselage and getting it ready for paint .

Terri, I would suggest using Post-it Notes for masking over the decals for the radiator. I recently had a similar problem masking for a stripe around the fuselage. I tried Tamiya masking tape that I had reduced the tack on by sticking it several times to my clothing, yet it still was strong enough to pull the underlying decal off in several places. It made for a PITA repair that turned out rather well in the end. I have always had good results with the Microsculpt lozenge, but it just goes to show you that you can't take for granted when the "Decal Gremlins" will rear their ugly heads.

Chuck

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 02:18:39 AM »
Those wings look good to me Terri - cannot see where the repairs had to be done.

Stephen.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 02:33:24 AM »
Looking good to my eyes T! I can't see any evidence of rips and tears.
RAGIII
I agree with my amigo, T!  Looks good. Try using post-its for masking the radiator.  Very low tack.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #39 on: November 28, 2017, 10:47:53 AM »
Thanks guys and soory for the late reply back . Work has continued and the wings have been glossed for the rib tape decals . Wheels are also cleared coat for their decals to be applied .
I don't have enough lozenge left over to do the taping so my options are to use the ones supplied in the kit , but these are coloured tapes , blue for upper and I'm not sure about the bottom colour if it can be called that . And the scheme I'm doing has loz taping . Other option is to use the upper loz from the kit and use that for the upper taping , but then the lower loz isn't even close to the Microsculpt loz .
I did start to mask the stripes on the fuselage and had to re start this three times now , this is getting frustrating . I never had this problem masking stripes before ...

So no pic's yet until I can get myself sorted .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch