Author Topic: Hello from not so sunny Devon, England  (Read 2121 times)

Offline Matt

Hello from not so sunny Devon, England
« on: June 29, 2017, 10:42:13 PM »
Hello all

I've been a member of this site for a long time. I've watched some of the excellent work, exchanged the odd PM, but never said hello - so I'm putting that right.

I suffer from the triple handicap of slow build rate, only moderate attention span and a tendency to paradigm shifts... :)  This, coupled with a real interest in researching technical detail, equates to initial enthusiasm getting overtaken by boredom and several unfinished projects (a couple of which are of WW I vintage.

Anyway, WNW's new Camels have inspired me to try one (it'll be my first WNW build - apart from a stalled Junkers J1). I'll put up a thread for this in a moment. I'll be doing the Le Rhone boxing, but with a slight humorous twist...  Never know, I may raise the J1 from the shelf of doom as well...

Matt

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Hello from not so sunny Devon, England
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2017, 10:50:28 PM »
Hello Matt and welcome to the forum, I'm looking forward to seeing your build posted here soon, the Camel is an excellent kit.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2017, 11:09:35 PM »
Welcome Matt! Glad you have decided to share your Camel Build. I am looking forward to seeing your progress!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 03:07:01 AM »
Welcome aboard, Matt!  So glad you've decided to post your Comic build thread here.  As you know, I'm very interested in this project.  All of your comments about your build rate and attention span are very familiar to me.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 03:37:33 AM »
Welcome to the Forum, Matt. This is a great place to spend time and pick up information, ENJOY!! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Hannover

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 05:55:35 PM »
Hi Matt,

Hello and welcome ....I also live in not so sunny Devon, England! Wet this week, unlike last week!

Whereabouts in Devon are you?

Regards   P

Offline Alpha Delta 210

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 06:21:25 PM »
Welcome to the forum,  Matt. I have only been a member for a few weeks, but find it really friendly. I look forward to seeing your Camel as I have just bought my first Wingnut kit - a late Snipe.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 06:49:36 PM »
Hello Matt and welcome to this wonderful forum. I write as one who builds at an absolute snail's pace but gains so much from the advice, inspiration and friendliness on offer here.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Matt

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2017, 01:03:40 AM »
Thanks for the warm welcome...

I'm right in the middle, near Okehampton...

Member of IPMS Dartmoor who meet in Newton Abbot.

Matt

Offline Monty

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2017, 02:37:02 AM »
Welcome Matt! This a great forum to post a build thread! This is a friendly place full of enthusiasm... Marc

Offline Syd Solo

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2017, 05:15:18 PM »
G'day Matt
I empathise with the snail's pace build rate and the short little attention sp......ooh, look, a another new kit to obsess about and research to death.
If it's any consolation, it's wet here (Perth, Australia) as well. Then again, it is winter.
Look forward to your venture into WW1 and WNW. This is a great forum and will take up a lot of your time that could otherwise have spent modelling.  :P

Cheers

Syd