Author Topic: Spin 1:48 Bristol M.1C  (Read 1880 times)

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
Spin 1:48 Bristol M.1C
« on: July 02, 2017, 04:31:08 AM »
Here's my Spin 1:48 resin model I finished recently.  Rigging is with ceramic wire, PC12 is a model RR color SP Freight Car Brown, the blue is Testors Sky Blue.  Chipping with Dark Brown and light weathering with water based oil paints.  Reading the Internet Modeler review this was Spin's first resin kit released in 1999.  I found it on eBay for $19.95.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2017, 11:29:29 PM by cduckworth »
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo

Offline Alpha Delta 210

Re: Spin 1:48 Bristol M.1C
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 04:59:49 AM »
Wow! That looks great. I want one!

Bughunter

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 06:01:27 AM »
What a great result! I really like it. Also the colors are a perfect match.

I don't wont one, because I have it already ;) And the matching Windsock Datafile.
At the moment I fight with a conversion set by Spin model and so I have no even more respect for a complete resin model like this. I built already a resin model (the engine) but a complete aircraft from Spin model seems to be the next level, form effort point of view.

Thanks for showing!
Frank

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2017, 07:23:57 AM »
Beautiful model!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2017, 09:02:19 AM »
What a beauty she is, Charlie!  I have the Blue Max kit, but I think the Spin kit has finer trailing edges and a more "to scale" appearance.  Stunning work all 'round.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2017, 09:51:34 AM »
What a beauty she is, Charlie!  I have the Blue Max kit, but I think the Spin kit has finer trailing edges and a more "to scale" appearance.  Stunning work all 'round.
Cheers,
Bud
Bud
As you well know from your own builds these cottage industry kits all have their trade-offs; the Spin kit used PE for the U/C legs,  the 'V' bracing for the wings above the cockpit and the cockpit wood structure.  I made the 'V' from Evergreen plastic rod and built up the other PE parts with Evergreen styrene.  Lots of flash on the resin and the seat and engine went into the 'round file' below the work bench.  The Blue Max kit has the advantage of the wings being one casting whereas the Spin model wing placement was all trial and error using the GA drawings in the Datafile lots of gap filling acc and Tamiya putty to hide the large fuselage gaps where the wings fit.  The MG is from the kit and is poorly rendered so I'll replace it when I find another one.  The Spin fuselage halves weren't molded the same so I added some interior plastic shims to get the pieces to line up.     

So now back to the poor W.12 waiting for me to finish it....!

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 11:49:03 PM »
Outstandingly beautiful! JMHO,
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 11:34:18 PM »
Thanks, since deleting my Photobucket account I'm slowly adding the photos back into my posts off my computer.