Author Topic: 1/32 Roden DH 2 with Eduard photo etch set  (Read 4203 times)

Offline compressor man

Re: 1/32 Roden DH 2 with Eduard photo etch set
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2017, 10:29:01 PM »
How have you found this kit? It seems to have a reputation for being poor, yet I have found some very nice builds made from it

Richard

I do not like to down a model kit but it does have some issues. I bought the Eduard photo-etch kit for this build, the one that has a fret for the cockpit and another for the exterior of the plane. IMO this really rescues the model. Without it, one would have a great deal of scratchbuilding to do. I would not want to build it without it.

Chris

Offline RLWP

• Bodger
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2017, 12:34:55 AM »
I would say that is fair criticism and pretty much what I could get reading between the lines. The kit is accurate, and a little short on detail, so the Eduard set makes sense - yes?

Richard
Hendon for flying - the fastest way to the ground!

Offline compressor man

« Reply #17 on: August 19, 2017, 04:10:06 AM »
I would say that is fair criticism and pretty much what I could get reading between the lines. The kit is accurate, and a little short on detail, so the Eduard set makes sense - yes?

Richard

The Eduard kit is a must buy in my opinion. Unless you just enjoy scratchbuilding all the little bits and pieces as some people do. Many modelers enjoy building a tiny little brass control stick from scratch that takes a day or two to complete. That little piece is a work of art and that is wonderful. I have found that the part of modeling that I enjoy most is the finish (painting and weathering). If I look at a model again that I built in the past, I find that it is the paint job that I look at and get the most pleasure from. And some of the little tiny cockpit details that I sweated and worried over while building...I dont really dwell on them at all.

Chris

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2017, 03:31:45 AM »
I also am glad you got the Photos fixed! Beautiful Modeling! I am impressed with your interior work and the Tail Surfaces are weathered beautifully! Terrific Progress!
RAGIII
I agree with my Amigo on all counts, Chris!  Outstanding!
Cheers,
Bud

And the 3rd Amigo joins in  -Great Work.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.