Author Topic: So many reference and build pics lost....  (Read 1222 times)

Offline Daryl_Huhtala

So many reference and build pics lost....
« on: July 04, 2017, 05:31:55 AM »
I grieve for the efforts of so many fine modelers being lost to the changes at p-bucket.  Whether it's due to corporate greed or cheapness on the part of some builders, so many good and instructive posts have been lost.
I hope that modelers acknowledge the value of their efforts by paying a reputable hosting site, or find a more dependable and reputable site to do business with.
SUMUS QUOD SUMUS

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: So many reference and build pics lost....
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 09:10:13 AM »
I was paying Photobucket for the ability to store hi-res images so my account is still operating at present. However, the plan I was on is no longer offered so it will come to an end sometime soon. I have chosen smugmug as my new image hosting service which is not free but I like the ease of use, layout, customisation etc and the ability to sell photos (which I am considering). Not sure how much interest there is in hi-res images of TVAL aircraft, cockpits, details etc, I am thinking of something quite cheap which would cover my smugmug charges.
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: So many reference and build pics lost....
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 09:23:35 PM »
Either that or when a modeller posts a build log lost a link to a folder at their photobucket page and when there is an update post a heads up for viewers. Im not pay in  $399 in order to post pics. Not that i do that much posting anyway