Author Topic: Squadron Mystery Deal Today (26Sep12) - 1:32 Roden Nieuport 24bis - $19.99  (Read 2903 times)

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: Squadron Mystery Deal Today (26Sep12) - 1:32 Roden Nieuport 24bis - $19.99
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2012, 12:41:26 AM »
Well I did a test and Im willing to eat crow. Chris is right. At least to Canada the shipping seems reasonable. If no brokerage kicks in I will prob go for the mystery deal on occasion. Thanks for the heads up Chris....missed the Nieuport though...like I need another one....

Steve 

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2012, 01:39:31 AM »
My 24bis kit arrived today. It's a nice looking kit. A little bit of flash here and there, but the surface detail is nice. Should build out to a nice looking model. I'm looking forward to it. Now to find a nice 5-color scheme...

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2012, 05:25:22 AM »
Just shipping north of the border from Squadron has become impossible.
Steve

I was of the same mindset as you Steve but I took advantage of a Mystery Deal from Squadron last week. It was a very large Hobby Boss armoured tractor-trailer kit retailing at the time with Squadron for $154.00 on sale for $49.99. Shipping to Ontario was a very reasonable $12.99, so I bought the kit. Instead of shipping by USPS as stated in the shopping cart, it was delivered by FedEx four days after placing the order. I was afraid that I'd get stung with brokerage fees but there were no additional charges at all.

Cheers,

Chris

Chris,
   Watch your mail box or get your name changed; my last (and it will be the last unless things change!) arrived the same way, followed about 10 days later by a bill from the Broker for roughly the same cost of the order! Hope you escape this nasty type of surprise......
Cheers,
Lance