Author Topic: Will 425/17 be an Option?  (Read 3019 times)

Offline Trackpad

Will 425/17 be an Option?
« on: January 04, 2019, 03:09:38 PM »
"Pheon are preparing the most comprehensive decal selection ever for the Fokker Dr.I. These markings will extend over seven decal sets covering at least 97 different schemes..."

If it's not too early to ask, and if it is not an industrial secret, will the markings for 425/17 be one of the schemes offered? Apologies offered if this topic has been addressed before. TIA for any information.  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: Will 425/17 be an Option?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2019, 03:39:21 AM »
Hello Gary - happy New Year to Sharon and yourself.

I think the good Baron has hogged the limelight for far too long - and in any case, sets of markings for his machines (boring subjects  - in my humblest of opinions) have already been covered in all scales and it is my intention to portray many other, less well-known, pilots and their aircraft in these impending sets. I also think that there is a set of 1/32 Dr.I markings in the recent WNW Albatros special for von R's Albatri - OK its 127/17 but that's a more interesting scheme anyway, don't you think? Plus you get another DV to mark up in some of our other decals (or WNW's own sets). Win/gagner, eh??

R
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2019, 06:06:47 AM »
Hello Gary - happy New Year to Sharon and yourself.

I think the good Baron has hogged the limelight for far too long - and in any case, sets of markings for his machines (boring subjects  - in my humblest of opinions) have already been covered in all scales and it is my intention to portray many other, less well-known, pilots and their aircraft in these impending sets. I also think that there is a set of 1/32 Dr.I markings in the recent WNW Albatros special for von R's Albatri - OK its 127/17 but that's a more interesting scheme anyway, don't you think? Plus you get another DV to mark up in some of our other decals (or WNW's own sets). Win/gagner, eh??

R

Very good to hear from you Rowan. I hope all is well with your health! I am eagerly awaiting the Jasta 6 collection of DR1 decals and will pre order as soon as you say we can! Also wondering about the Camel Aces? Sure could use a 43 Squadron option  ::)
RAGIII

PS: IIRC you has originally said only one RED DR1 would be represented. Did you change your Mind  ;D
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2019, 07:13:18 AM »
Hello, Rowan, and Best Wishes to you and Sabine for 2019.

My intent is to build MvR's triplane and Brown's Camel as a dual display. No worries, though. I'll try to cobble together enough decals and information to decide one way or another if a worthwhile build is possible. The kits are no problem as I have both the Roden triplane and the WNW Camel.

Thanks for the information, Rowan.  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2019, 03:47:07 PM »
Oh, I surely do like that phrase, Rowan....*impending sets*...I like it a great deal..... I've been feeling my untouched Dr1 beckoning recently...this is very good news.
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde