WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Resin Kits

Copper State W.12 Build

(1/5) > >>

cduckworth:
Blame Bud; he put me up to this.  Actually, his excellent model of the Copper State W.12 had me wanting to tackle this kit after I finished the AZ Models Gotha G.V.  You can see patience isn't one of my virtues as the Gotha isn't anywhere near being placed in the 'completed' models section.  The W.12 cockpit has a good 3/8" of resin on the bottom so I took a small drill went to the drill press, said three Hail Mary's, and started drilling out the floor.  Bud warned me Eric's early kit's had a brittle resin and I did develop a small crack in the fuselage side but a dab of acc glue and Tamiya putty made it disappear.  As you can see I left a small brace of resin of the bottom as a strengthener.  Next I'll add the floors and side bracing from Evergreen styrene. 

coyotemagic:
Excellent work, Charlie!  Congratulations!  The hardest part's done.
Cheers,
Bud

cduckworth:
Bud
Would it be any trouble in posting some of your interior shots of your Copper State W.12?  I'd like to see where you placed the kits bulkheads.

Thanks
Charlie

coyotemagic:
Here you go, Charlie.  Most of the interior was scratched.

I hope these help.  Sure wish I could find that build log.
Cheers,
Bud

cduckworth:
Bud
Thanks, these help a lot.  The instructions let a lot to the imagination when it comes to the interior.  ;). The Wingnuts instructions are a huge help as well.

Charlie

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version