Author Topic: American M1917 Light Tank in Canadian Service, 1941  (Read 5475 times)

Offline Trackpad

Re: American M1917 Light Tank in Canadian Service, 1941
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2017, 05:47:58 AM »
She really is a 'looker' Gary! You've done a magnificent job with this conversion and as we both know, you more than me with this under your belt, it's not an easy one to tackle. My eye is naturally drawn to the modifications to the hull area around the driver's station and to the suspension, and in both cases, they came out looking superb. Well done!

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks, Chris. Hope this will help you a bit when comes time for you to do your build. Feel free to go the PM route if you think I can assist.  :)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline cduckworth

• My WW1 Models
Re: American M1917 Light Tank in Canadian Service, 1941
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2017, 12:02:50 AM »
Very nice conversion.  There's a French FT-17 in the WW1 museum in Kansas City on display.  Tank is original and I believe has some battle damage.

Comments about the FT-17s in WW2, French had them in North Africa and I thought to some were still in service and used by the French in WW2 since they made so many of them. 
"Look alive. Here comes a buzzard."  Pogo