Author Topic: Vertigo jig  (Read 12145 times)

Offline TobyCoulson

Re: Vertigo jig
« Reply #45 on: April 13, 2017, 03:37:57 PM »
Mine did arrive...

Just the same issues as others have had with the bolts not fitting - I can just about get them in place by forcing them, but they certainly won't be sliding up and down the cut out...

How hard can it be to get bolts that fit the product?

Guy
I had the same problem so purchased slightly smaller bolts and used some silicon spray to ease movement. Fully agree about how hard can it be to get it right in the first place.
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: April 13, 2017, 11:59:52 PM »
    Filing/sanding those "cut-outs" will solve the problem nicely, especially if you take the sharp edges down a bit on the side with the head of the bolt(s). I agree though, not a lot of quality control nor business efficiency in this sad tale...........
   Hope everyone's issues get resolved in the end!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Silver wings

« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2017, 07:32:30 AM »
Several months ago I went through a lot of frustration with Vertigo' I sent them an Email asking for information on the jig because I couldn't figure if I needed to order extra parts forit, never got an answer but ordered anyway.
It took along time but I finally got it about a monthlater Emails were sent but never any replies I finally gave up , built the jig but haven't used it yet. I think I could figure out how it works but some instructions would have been nice I don't know if any Email gets through to them but they never answered any of mine.

Offline Jim

« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2017, 04:45:54 PM »
I still haven't received my jig.  I got the 20% discount, as you both did, but the window on the Paypal dispute has been shut and I'm not sure what recourse I might have if it never arrives.  It's almost certainly obvious, but I would advise not to order directly from Vertigo ever to anyone who hasn't read through this thread.

Hi Matthew - I received my order today. Hope that yours has been delivered by now or soon will be.

Edit - After just opening my parcel from Vertigo I realised that half of my order (i.e. the upgrade set that allows the jig to be converted to hold biplane models) is missing!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2017, 07:49:20 AM by Jim »
Woof!

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #49 on: July 19, 2017, 01:56:57 AM »
I took the plunge and ordered me one of the these straight from the manufacterer.
It took them 2 hours to mail a order conformation, 1 day for a shipment notification and in 6 working days it arrived here in Holland, decently packed (just...) and looks to be complete and ok!
I haven't put it together or anything, that will be later on, but everything seems to be there.
I ordered the basic mono-wing set with the upgrade set for multi wings, this would give me some more options than the Evo set and cheaper than the Evo set with the upgrade.
I also ordered the transport holders, I think that on some models it might be possible to invert the jig with the model to work on undrside surfaces. Maybe.... will let you all know when I try that.
All in all, this was a quick and good transaction.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2017, 10:03:05 PM »
UMM has it on sale so I took the plunge.  Jig with Biplane add on all up $67C

Steve
« Last Edit: July 26, 2017, 10:08:28 PM by pepperman42 »