Author Topic: WNW Albatros DV- Jasta 15- Kurt Monnington  (Read 3764 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: WNW Albatros DV- Jasta 15- Kurt Monnington
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2012, 07:17:12 AM »
Blasphemy!  ;D

Just kidding, the world would be very boring indeed if everybody had the same taste!

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 15, 2012, 12:13:06 PM »
Very, very nice, indeed. It may be taken by some of you as a blasphemy, but I do not especially like Albatros scouts. Yet, this black one has something to herself... Lovely!
One question - how have you done those covers of inspection holes? Dedicated PE? Scratch?

PrzemoL,
   The covers/doors are from the Eduard Alb. DIII P. Etch Detail set. I bent the hinge portion at the desired angle and CA'd them in place. The TVAL replicas show a hinged support mechanism (like a hinged arm) on the inside of the doors however I could not find any evidence of those on the very few photos I had of the real item, so I elected to leave them off.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2012, 02:57:49 PM »
Beautiful Work Lance, she turned out just sweet as a nut.  (which means wonderful) Fantastic attention to the litle things that make a build special.

All those little trials and setbacks now can be forgotton  ;)

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: September 16, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »
ALL,
   Thanks so much for all the very nice words. It's very encouraging to get positive feedback and compliments, especially from those whose work you take as an inspiration for your own.
Cheers,
Lance