Author Topic: Rigging double wires on Spad vii  (Read 1318 times)

Offline RUREDI

Rigging double wires on Spad vii
« on: October 06, 2016, 08:11:33 AM »
Looking for advice on how to add double wires on a Spad vii/xiii.  I have seen Des's excellent build, and how he managed to make this work.  However, I was wondering if someone else might have another method that does not involve cutting and splicing the struts.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Rick Capriglione
Rick

"I do not feel that I am fighting for France alone, but for the cause of all humanity, the greatest of all causes...I pay my debt for Lafayette and Rochambeau."  Kiffin Rockwell, Lafayette Escadrille

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Rigging double wires on Spad vii
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 08:28:02 AM »
Hi Rick.

The Spad VII had a complex rigging system where the rigging was connected to the interplane struts, the way I did mine took considerable work but was as close to the original set-up as I could get. Other members have built the Spad VII and have adopted a different approach to rigging their model and it looks perfectly okay, I'm sure that these guys will chime in and let you know what they did. I'm looking forward to seeing the build of your Spad.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline RUREDI

Re: Rigging double wires on Spad vii
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 09:19:11 AM »
Thanks Des.  I'm looking forward to hearing from others on the Forum.  Hopefully, I will able to become a little more active as well.  I'll try t keep you updated on the build.  It will probably be one of the Italian markings.

Rick
Rick

"I do not feel that I am fighting for France alone, but for the cause of all humanity, the greatest of all causes...I pay my debt for Lafayette and Rochambeau."  Kiffin Rockwell, Lafayette Escadrille