Forum Archive Storage > WW1 Diorama Group Build

Wingnut Wings Hansa-Brandenburg W.12 1183 Oblt.z.S. Christiansen

(1/31) > >>

lcarroll:
    This will be the basis for my entry in the Diorama Group Build. I started cleaning up the parts for the interior yesterday to fill time while awaiting After Market items ordered for another Build already underway but now delayed.
    I chose Christiansen's W.12 as the subject mostly due to his status as one of the top scorers on the German Navy's Ace list and his impressive war service as leader of the Zeebrugge Sea Plane Group.

I have three excellent reference publications for this Build: Jack Herris's excellent Aeronaut Books Publication, Osprey's Naval Aces of WWI Vol. 2, and the indispensable Datafile on the Aircraft.

For markings I have Rowan's excellent Pheon Decal Set 32056 and, not illustrated, his generous free follow up correction logo for Christiansen's aircraft. The Kit Lozenge will be replaced by the much preferred Aviattic Naval Hex Printed Linen product. I am a great fan of both of these lines of products and believe our group should support them as much as possible, they bring a great deal to our Hobby. In both cases I've included the photo for illustration purposes only.

Finally I'll be using HGW Seat Belts and the Gas Patch Parabellum Gun for the Observer station. Czech Master Spandaus from a previous stock will be used for the twin forward firing LMG 08's provided on this C3MG version of the Early HB W.12. Most of these items are still "in the mail".
       With numerous outstanding Build Logs for this aircraft already published here there should be no lack of great information and inspiration to draw on for this Build. I have some other items on order to turn this into a, albeit limited scope, Diorama, my first attempt and I look forward to the experience.
    Next update will be on the cockpit module with the Benz engine to follow.
Cheers,
Lance

RAGIII:
Lance,
 I am really looking forward to seeing you build this one! Should be a Treat!
RAGIII

jknaus:
I have an evil grin right now Lance lol. Will watch this build with great interest.
James

Des:
This build will be a treat to follow, I'm eagerly awaiting the first progress photos.

Des.

lcarroll:
    Well Rick, as I say often, there's no lack of entertainment when Mr. Bean builds a Model Airplane; I'm sure I can manufacture enough crises to keep the "treat and entertainment index" pegged well to the right of the scale! ::)   
    James, you sure read the signs right; as soon as you said I'd be into it up to my knees....... I was indeed!
    Des, a "float" aircraft several Group Builds late but hopefully fitting the theme for this one.
    I managed to get the wood base coat on since the previous post, hopefully get some oil woodgrain on tomorrow. I was actually surprised at the amount of flash and seams on the sprues, much more then the average on a Wingnut Kit but still much better then other brands.
Cheers,
Lance

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version