Author Topic: MGB from Ernie & Patrick : Wingnut Wings Salmson 2A2  (Read 2627 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: MGB from Ernie & Patrick : Wingnut Wings Salmson 2A2
« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2016, 11:58:28 PM »
Wow, guys!  You sneaked this one in on us!  Two truly magnificent models, my friends!  I would be proud beyond words to have either in my collection.  Congratulations to you both!
Cheers,
Bud

Same here !  Excellent !

ed

8) 8) 8) 8) 8) I agree completely with Ed and Bud as to the Quality and Excellence of your Salmson builds! Both are outstanding and are certainly equal to, and  better than mine in many respects! Of course the only place I am not in agreement with My Amigos is that I had a little insider knowledge  ::) I am Happy to see that you have completed your beautiful models!
RAGIII
PS: I hope mine looks as nice when finally completed!
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2016, 12:41:18 AM »
Holy Mackerel Batman!  :o

You guys have smashed this MGB out of the park!
Well done, BOYS!!!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2016, 04:06:45 AM »
Thank you Rick and Bob!  Your kind comments are truly appreciated.
Your builds have given us much inspiration, friends!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2016, 04:24:40 AM »
There is one word that I can think of at the moment to describe these: INSPIRATIONAL. I am definitely NOT a fan of the Salmson, but you two have turned a raw bird into models of ….well not beauty but certainly worth looking at again and again.

Really you both seriously understate your magnificent achievements: I know that WNW kits are good, but it takes considerable modelling skill to make a pair of models as good as these.

I am looking forward to more of your MGB's - and next time more in progress shots please as you both have ideas which many of us would very much like to share.

My congratulations to you both for models to be well proud of - I hope that you might consider entering them in local/club competitions as you would certainly win prizes with these. It would also help you to recognise properly your own skills and achievements.

Stephen.

Offline Monty

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2016, 04:29:59 AM »
These are great builds, congratulations to you both! It is amazing how the encouragement and co-operation between you can result in two stunning models... I really enjoyed the photographs!
Well done!
Marc

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2016, 05:48:22 AM »
Thank you so much Rick, Bob, Stephen and Marc for these lovely words.

Rick, this time I can't agree with you. What you did with your camo painting is absolutely fabulous. I think on your turn you are quite under-estimating your achievement! I admire your skills a lot.

Bob, as usual such fine and amusing comments.

Stephen, I don't blame you not liking the Salmson that much, you are certainly not the only one. About entering in competitions, there are very few in Belgium and if there is one, you merely see models from WW2 on. Although WW1 has raged over here in Flanders, modelers don't seem to be interested a lot. And no problem for more progress photos. I just think that Ernie and me didn't want to make this too long.

Marc, your words are so true. Our co-operation and mutual encouragement is Always helping a lot, certainly when things don't work out as it should.

Thank you again dear friends

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
What a lovely pair!  :)

Nice work, both of you.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2016, 08:08:18 PM »
Stephen, Monty and Ken, thank you for your support!  It is always
an honour to receive positive reactions from you. :D

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...