Author Topic: Looking for help on Hansa W.12 cabane strut and interior items colors.  (Read 969 times)

Offline eclarson

I'm just getting underway on a WNW Hansa W.12 and am looking for advice from those who have built this kit or are more familiar with the aircraft than I am.

My current task it gathering the necessary paints and I noticed in the instructions many of the cockpit accessories (camera, map case, fuel tank, oil tank, etc.) as well as the cabane struts are indicated as being painted matt grey for which Tamiya XF-22 (RLM Grey) is recommended.  In the bottle this paint seems darker than what I've seen used in other builds.  Also, would using that color on the cabane struts be correct ?  I would have thought they'd be painted the same blue-grey as the fuselage sides and wing & float struts.

I've studied period photos but haven't been able to come to a conclusion so while I figure this is probably one of those things that's my call, I'm interested in what colors and paints those who have already built this kit used.

Thanks in advance,
Eric

Offline FarEast

Eric take a look here:

http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/productdetail?productid=3114&cat=1

There are several photos that show the carbane struts the reason for the difference in colour is due to the materials it is painted on to. You'll notice that the wing struts are also darker than the fuselage grey.