WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Pre and Early 1914 Aircraft Models

Lindberg 1911 Avro Biplane 1/48th

(1/16) > >>

NinetythirdLiberator:
Hello All,

My son got this for me as a Father's Day gift (this morning, actually) and I'm so pleased with it, I'd like to start it ASAP.  So here is the box shot.  The plastic looks really nice and it will be fun to detail.  Looks like the only major things will be making a new rear "open" fuselage and some spoke wheels.  I think the other parts look dang good and painting it to look like see-through CDL will be a challenge too.

Or...I could make floats for it and I think leave the rear fuselage covered...not sure what I'll do yet.

Watch this space!

Cheers,

Dan

Des:
What a great Fathers Day present, I look forward to following along with this build.

Des.

lcarroll:
Dan,
    That is really neat! Is Lindberg still manufacturing or was this a "relic' from the past? The Lindberg line goes back a very long time; I recall finally getting a JU-87b of theirs in the late 50's, I thought I had "died and gone to heaven" as the old expression goes!
    Hope you do a Build Log on this beauty, it's a classic! :)
Cheers,
Lance

Dave W:
That Lindberg kit is a reincarnation of the old Pyro pre-WW1 aircraft kits from the 60s. They were ahead of their time and still a good buy. For most of the range they are still the only game in town.

A great gift!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

macsporran:
If I recall correctly, they were originally created by a company called Inpact as six kits of subjects supposedly from the film Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They also did four nice inter-war biplanes. For their time they were excellent kits.
Then Pyro bought the moulds, I believe.
S

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version