Author Topic: Fokker DVII cockpit photos  (Read 12105 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: Fokker DVII cockpit photos
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 09:50:24 AM »
You may have something there Bo.

I copied and have sat studying that pic at  a much greater resolution.  A few things come to light.

To my eye the cabanes now look like those of a Hannover, I know they did a twin seater fighter but cant find a decent image to check.

The cocking mechanisms for the guns, really unusual, as are the reinforced covers

The cowlings are piano hinged along the outer edge, which means the side panels may well be metal too.

The ammo feeds are not Fokker style either in fact theres nothing really Fokkerish about it  than the panel fasteners when you look close.

Your point on the V.27... My only image shows it with a 4 into one exhaust system I have more images of the V.37 which was an armoured version apparently.

IMHO I think it's likely we are likely looking at a different manufacturer and possibly something in development that never saw service. Though it bears a passing resemblance to a Fokker F.IV in some respects

Still puzzled Keith ::)
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Ok, this has been driving me crazy. But I think I might have it solved.

Could the mysterious 3rd photo actually be of a Fokker D.XI? (1922, Hispano V8)

terrible picture, best I could find on the web:

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2015, 12:28:42 PM »
picture of Fokker D.XI production line, aircraft bound for the nascent Red Air Force. Check out the cut-outs around the guns... also the peculiar square things on the side of the fuselage, so prominent in the "mystery photo" (I think the square things are radiator brackets)

Offline Beto

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2016, 04:28:14 PM »
Unfortunately, the site no longer exists. Did anyone save the pictures and could share them?

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2016, 09:42:35 PM »
Unfortunately, the site no longer exists. Did anyone save the pictures and could share them?

Hey Beto -- Check my Fokker D.VII Pinterest board; I have all those pix pinned including the Fokker D.XI cockpit photo (the identity of which being the subject of much of this thread ...)

http://pin.it/KLgTNRJ

Offline Beto

« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2016, 08:39:40 AM »

Hey Beto -- Check my Fokker D.VII Pinterest board; I have all those pix pinned including the Fokker D.XI cockpit photo (the identity of which being the subject of much of this thread ...)

http://pin.it/KLgTNRJ

Done! - Finally I found the D.XI photo. And btw I grabbed a couple pictures of derelict D.VIIs I had never seen... ;-) Thank you!!!!!!