Author Topic: The eternal PC10 question  (Read 2923 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: The eternal PC10 question
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2016, 12:00:29 AM »
    I mix my own as well and, to date, the formula I've settled on is a 50/50 mix of Model Master Enamels Olive Drab FS34087 and faded Olive Drab SKU 20510. I also add about 50% of their Schokoladenbraun RAL 8017 for PC12. I'm using Tamiya Acrylics much more for airbrushing of late and have a note to try a 50/50 mix of XF-51 Khaki Drab and XF-62 Olive Drab but have not tried it to date. I vary the former by changing the ratios with more or less of the faded version and thus the Brit Subjects I have all vary a bit in tone which I believe would match the effects of age , weathering, and exposure to sunlight over time. My Tripe has also a darker more brownish shade adding a small amount of the RAL 8017 but is still in the "greenish" spectrum.
  I believe it's all in the eye of the beholder; as I've stated many times when it comes to the "real" colours the only thing we can be sure of is............ were not sure! Great topic for debate though...........
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: The eternal PC10 question
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2016, 02:08:07 AM »
I usually mix my own, as well, using Gunze Mr Color Olive Drab and Red Brown.  Lately, however, I've discovered that the Humbrol call-outs in the WNW instructions are very close to what I had been using and look really good.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence