WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Resin Kits

A.E.G. N.I and A.E.G. C.IV dual build

(1/13) > >>

guitarlute101:
Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted anything mainly because of a hectic work schedule and zero time at the bench, but as they say, "you will make time for what you like to do". So I am making time to start a build I've had in the works for quite a while...an  AEG N.I Night Bomber. I picked up two of the new production Copper State Models resin AEG C.IV kits and requested an extra set of upper and lower wings for one of the kits. I'll be using Jack Herris' excellent book on the subject as a resource....................

Here's the extra set of wings and the fuselage halves, the wings are very nice and thin and are of uniform thickness across the length of the wing, SUPER NICE!!! I will remove and replace the internal fuselage bracing with styrene rod.........

I also picked up a resin Karaya Benz engine for the build. I'm really looking forward to the build but it won't be a quick one. It will just be nice to get back to modelling.

Mark

RAGIII:
Mark,
Nice to see you posting your next build! I am certainly looking forward to following along on this one!
RAGIII

PS: How goes the passenger LVG?

Borsos:
Hi,
how cool, I'll follow that closely! Do you already know how to paint the hexagons?
I'm sure you know this built:
http://www.histomin.com/Aviation/World%20War%201%20Aviation/WW1%20German%20Aircraft/WW1%20AEG%20N.I%20N.9378_17/gpww1acftaegn.I%20.htm
I'm keen on seeing your progress. I'm planning to convert my C IV into a J I or J II some day...
Greetings
Borsos

guitarlute101:
Thanks Rick, it's great to hear from you! The LVG Limo is coming along too. I was working on it earlier today and my masking pulled some paint off of the wheel covers (dang it!) so some days it's one step forward, two steps back. Nothing I can't fix but just a pain in the old arse to have to do it again.

Mark

GAJouette:
 Mark,
Long time no see my old friend. This looks to be another excellent project from your talented bench. I'll be following along with the greatest of interest.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version