Author Topic: 'Mystery Model'  (Read 994 times)

Offline Suffolk Lad

'Mystery Model'
« on: January 27, 2016, 09:41:50 AM »
My friend Paul visited this evening bringing with him the latest copy of the Model Airplane International magazine. Wingnuts has a full page ad showing the two new DH9s with two smaller windows either side of one blanked out that declares 'Mystery Model' coming soon.

Well it can't be the Camel 'cos we know about that so what could it be I wonder  :)

A pretty easy bet would be that BE2 we all want but 'Mystery Model' ? - Hmmm??

Yours in anticipation - Tug

PS If you are reading this Nick T, there's also a two page pic showing one of the halls at full chat at last years Scale Model World - it's just happened to catch you me and Sue in deep conversation  :D

Offline James

'Mystery Model'
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2016, 09:50:26 AM »
A Be2c would be my guess. Then again it could be a Friedrichshafen G.III I can dream. Would also be nice to see a French aircraft, Farman, Voisin, or Caudron. I all seriousness, I'm guessing it will be a Be2c.

Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline 15badcats

Re: 'Mystery Model'
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2016, 10:00:50 AM »
At the bottom is the kit # 32046 Thats the Albatrose that was released in December

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2016, 11:03:35 AM »
At the bottom is the kit # 32046 Thats the Albatrose that was released in December
"Mystery" solved.
Honor Necessity

Offline Suffolk Lad

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2016, 05:58:43 PM »
Well that's scotched that anticipation then Eric  ::) I guess the ad was formulated well before the release of the BII then - Jan 16 issue - probably done in November 15.

Ah well - it was a nice thought  ;)

As an aside I was recently looking at a the Aug/Sept 2011  issue of Air Modeller(LVG article) on the rear cover is a WnW ad which features fourteen images of kits from 001 and, surprisingly, given the current apparent desire to keep things restricted a whole list of 'New Models in Development'. That featured as written -

Sopwith Triplane
Fokker DVII
FE2b
Fokker EII/III
Pfalz DXII
Sopwith Snipe
RumplerC.IV
DH2
'and a few more surprises'

Six years down the line we have them all plus the surprises in the AEG and Felixstowe but what's changed appears to be the desire to keep us all in the dark - I'd hoped that the 'Mystery Model' might have been the Dolphin but one things for sure, whatever comes in the future will keep many of us happy - I'll just be patient and wait and see :)

Regards - Tug