Author Topic: Show us your.... childhood builds!  (Read 6485 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: Show us your.... childhood builds!
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2019, 02:26:42 AM »
Great little Roland! It is amazing to see "Actual" survivors! All that is left of mine are those few photos  :(
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline alfageme

« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2019, 10:37:55 PM »
Many moons ago (1994) not childhood but my first ww1 aircraft build when I gave this hobby a try. A Revell 1:72 spad XIII direct from the box. No previous documentation. No plans. No evergreen plastic. No airbrush... but pilot and a lot of fun:

Santiago.

Offline Gisbod

« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2019, 07:14:06 AM »
Stumbled across this from the early 70’s..

Me & my latest kit!  ;D

Guy
“Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth -
Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.”

P.O. John Gillespie Magee 1941

Offline Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2020, 06:13:37 AM »
I went back home to visit relatives this past week. Some photos of builds from late 1960s to early 1970s.  How these survived I do not know.

Offline Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2020, 06:14:59 AM »
Some more

Offline Rip Van Winkle

« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2020, 06:16:27 AM »
 The Roland was an MPC model. The others were Revell

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2020, 12:57:24 PM »
I love seeing these old builds! Keep them coming. Amazing Rip that you still have some models from the 60s! Nicely built to boot. Mine went out long ago.

Guy - I have a picture like yours somewhere of myself doing much the same thing...!

Cheers,

BC

Offline Allan31

« Reply #22 on: August 30, 2022, 08:17:07 AM »
The ONLY model to survive from my childhood. Aurora 1/48 built when I was about 12 or so, it was hanging from the ceiling with over a dozen or so other WW1 types. I remember when hanging, he had a long tissue paper scarf trailing back in the breeze.

When I left for collage, my mom had all of them in a box probably within an hour of me leaving. I found it years later, a little broken so I fixed it up and saved it.

Thanks,
Allan Buttrick

Youth, talent, hard work, and enthusiasm are no match for old age and treachery.

Offline Dirigible-Al

« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2022, 03:49:51 AM »
It has been a blast from the past looking at this thread. Unfortunately I have no surviving kit's whatsoever from my childhood. I remember everything I had built over several years being given to a younger kid across the road when we moved. For all the work, effort and pocket money they probably provided one afternoons entertainment going the way Macsporran described in his post (although I do remember setting fire to a Fokker Wolfe and throwing it out the bedroom window once). The only pictures I have are of me sitting with my nan, and an almost identical one with granddad holding a finished kit of an aircraft carrier. I was eight years old then. It s a bit faded, the other picture is much better but I can't find it.
Alan.
I heard that it all started when a bloke called Archie Duke shot an ostrich 'cause he was hungry!