Author Topic: Hello from Ireland  (Read 1854 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Hello from Ireland
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2016, 03:30:03 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be here and am looking forward to participating. First, though, a likely daft question: checking in the forum rules, it states that this is for WWI aircraft only.. does that prohibit WWI aircraft in post-war markings? I'm working on an SE5a in 1920's SAAF markings at present and will also building a bunch of D VIIs in foreign service markings over the coming months.

Thanks!
J, we've got plenty of WWI aircraft in post war markings.  In fact, I'm currently working on a DFW in Polish markings, Polish/Soviet War, 1919-1921.  Your SE5a will be a welcome addition to the forum.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Monty

« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2016, 04:17:17 AM »
Hi J!

Welcome to the forum! I hope you get lots of inspiration! That Roland is a really good first build, it goes together well, not much rigging, quite sturdy and well, cool! Just take it slow and it will come out beautifully...

I am of Irish descent and actually spent some time working in Cork - a lovely city, I would happily go back. I am actually South African so I'm very interested in your SE5A! Are you doing it in 1/48th with the MAV decals? There're the the only ones I'm aware of... but it would be possible to do with RAF roundels or the blue white and orange... the Refs are there in Windsock...

But whatever you do have fun!

Marc

Offline Arcwelder

« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2016, 09:16:18 AM »
Hello Monty! Glad you enjoyed The People's Republic Of Cork.. it's a great place, alright! I'm building the old Revell 1/72 kit with decals from Blue Rider.. which are only OK, but it should end up looking alright. I'll chuck a pic up here when it's done (rigging it right now, so it could go either way!)

Offline Radarman

« Reply #18 on: January 22, 2016, 12:13:22 PM »
Hello Arcwelder! Glad to have you here, I fairly new here, too. I love Cork City. By the way, my mom was from Tipperary,
dad from Tyrone, and my wife is from the green hills of Derry.

Cheers from Seattle
We are all victims of history!

Offline Arcwelder

« Reply #19 on: January 24, 2016, 03:17:10 AM »
Again, hi to all.. for attention of Monty and anyone else interested) here's the Revell 1/72 SE5 in SAAF colours..

Offline Monty

« Reply #20 on: January 24, 2016, 05:57:17 AM »
Hi J1 An absolutely wonderful little model! I like it very much! Was happy to do the research for those decals!

Regards,

Marc

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2016, 12:32:31 AM »
Hi Arc. Somehow I think we've met before somewhere  ;)
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation