Author Topic: Aviattic Marienfelde Lorry Has Arrived  (Read 979 times)

Offline Peter Wagner

Aviattic Marienfelde Lorry Has Arrived
« on: December 31, 2015, 06:25:21 AM »
As an incorrigible lurker, I rarely post in this forum as my skills and output pale in comparison to the frequent contributors.  However, today I received my copy of Aviattic's Marienfelde lorry.  I am obliged to emerge from deep lurk and just say how exquisite this gem of a kit is.  I've collected numerous resin kits over the years (and have even built one or two), but the craftsmanship, care, and engineering of this kit is clearly the best I've seen.  This treasure is well worth adding to anyone's collection.  Richard and his team have truly outdone themselves with this effort.  Thanks, Richard!

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: Aviattic Marienfelde Lorry Has Arrived
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 06:40:24 AM »
Welcome to the realm of the posters, Peter! You are officially no longer a lurker. :D

I would love to see a build log of your Aviattic Lorry. Don't worry about your skills. I'm sure they are better than you think. We have a great bunch of modelers here that will help improve your skill set and answer any questions you may have. I have only been on this forum a little over a year and my skills have improved way beyond what I thought was possible before.

Cheers!
George

Offline Peter Wagner

« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2015, 06:52:28 AM »
Thanks, George.  I may try, eventually.  But I also have Richard's excellent Phelon & Moore motorbike, sidecar and WRAF rider.  I was thinking of doing a build log of that little gem (as soon as I finish this SE 5A on my workbench).  This will allow a companion to the SE 5A, let me try out my new macro lens, and get warmed up for the Marienfelde.

Cheers,

Peter

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2015, 09:05:59 AM »
Welcome aboard, Peter!  I look forward to seeing your lorry.  I'm a huge fan of everything Aviattic does.  Richard runs a top notch operation in every way.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2016, 12:45:38 AM »
Welcome Peter, please don't be shy. (All of my builds are sadly in a state of destruction rather than construction right now. :(  So don't feel bad.)

Warren

Online RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2016, 01:23:05 AM »
Welcome to being an Active Poster  ;D I would greatly enjoy seeing you post a build log on this one!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2016, 02:23:34 AM »
Enjoy the transition from "deep lurk", Peter. I'm loking forward to following your build.

Best wishes
Nigel