Author Topic: My Latest Project. It's Not WWI, But At Least It's A Swordfish Biplane.  (Read 2820 times)

mike in calif

Re: My Latest Project. It's Not WWI, But At Least It's A Swordfish Biplane.
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2012, 12:38:11 PM »
Nicely done Chris. I have this one in the stash, and seeing builds like this bumps it up the ladder a bit.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2012, 06:42:54 AM »
Thanks again fellows for your comments. Maybe the old girl ain't that bad after all!  ;D

Dave and Mike: All in all, it's a pleasure to build with the notable exception of mating the right and left outboard wings to the centre section if you're going to have the wings extended. If I was to build the kit again, I'd glue the outboard wing halves together using their corresponding centre section wing stubs as forms. That should ensure a good tight fit when mating the outboard wing sections to the centre section later in the build. The image below might make this a bit clearer.

Colour callouts are lacking so a set of Tamiya instructions will be very handy for detail painting. Lastly, be careful when installing the pilot's seat legs as the instructions aren't of much help in positioning them and the correct angle is critical.

Other than those points, the kit is a gem.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2012, 08:24:11 AM »
Thanks Chris. One of the big benefits of a forum like this is the chance for modellers to show their work and share build tips to others yet to start the same project. Your advice is warmly welcomed and removes a potential headache.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com