Author Topic: new from takom  (Read 3277 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: new from takom
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2015, 05:07:16 PM »
bo is right its tamiyas fault, unfrtunately we are no forever doomed to have 1/35-1/32 mismatches between ground and air models.another reason to like 1/48 lol

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2015, 05:49:08 PM »
When you think about it there was no reason why Wingnuts could not have made their kits in 1:35 scale, they would have only been a fraction smaller and could still have had all the detail now available on the 1:32 scale kits. they could have started a whole new trend in WW1 aircraft models and would have been just as popular due to their quality, JMO.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline drdave

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 07:51:49 PM »
I have the Takom Renault FT and I bought their Skoda turtle yesterday. Not quite WW1... It's 1923, but I loved the quirkiness of it.

http://modelingmadness.com/scott/misc/military/previews/takom/2024.htm

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2015, 08:00:25 PM »
Quite an unusual looking vehicle Dave but would make an excellent model.

Des.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2015, 10:34:49 PM »
I bought a Takom Renault FT-17 and it should arrive in the mail any day. I also just got the Flyhawk Renault FT-17 in 1/72 which comes with two kits in one box. They are amazing in their fine detail with all the rivets and recessed panel lines.

Maybe we need a new sub forum category to showcase all this interest WW1 armor, Des. :)

George
« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 10:40:15 PM by Pgtaylorart »

WarrenD

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 12:16:20 AM »
Michael, I believe the 1/72nd vs. 1/76th thing comes from modeling scale vesus model railroading scale in the UK or somesuch thing. It is what it is.

Warren

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2015, 01:48:16 AM »
Michael, I believe the 1/72nd vs. 1/76th thing comes from modeling scale vesus model railroading scale in the UK or somesuch thing. It is what it is.

Warren

Oh, well that would explain a lot, pardner. You know how they are "over there". Always have to be a little different. I think it's still some form of insecurity left over from losing The Colonies. Bless their hearts.

We'll just keep this between us.

Cheers from New World York,
Michael

Offline zavod44

« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2015, 12:01:40 PM »
I build 1/35th scale tanks and 1/32 aircraft and never give it a second thought.  I don't build dioramas of tanks and planes in the same place so it's completely irrelevant to me.  I have always built tanks because I like the level of detail I can do at that scale.  So when I started aircraft, it's similar in the level of detail so that transition was natural.  I try not to let those kinds of things bother me, I would rather put my mind power into my modeling.....

Offline jknaus

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2015, 01:54:38 AM »
I have this. Going to do one captured by the Winnipeg Regiment. Would like a couple more also. I must say I have pretty much given up on WWII subjects and WWI is taking over my stash. Especially a/c.
James

Offline drdave

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2015, 02:53:50 AM »
Ive ordered the new Meng Whippet too.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2015, 04:13:24 AM »
I can thoroughly recommend Mengs Mk V Male with FULL interior.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2015, 04:40:07 AM »
lately they've been coming out with some nice World War 1 military figures yeah 1:35 as well as roden has the pattern 1914 armored car which would make a nice addition to a diorama also the RPM Model T Scout carwould be nice in a diorama.so it's not entirely unfeasible

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2015, 06:53:37 AM »
At the risk of incurring the wrath of anyone for whom "accuracy" matters more than life itself, I find that 1/35th and 1/32nd scale subjects can share the same diorama base if placed in such a way that the 35th scale subject is slightly back from the 32nd, so that scale perspective comes into play. I have a WnW SE5a diorama with a 1/35th work table and assorted tools next to the aircraft and any visual scale discrepancy is minimal. Or to put it another way, the work table and tools set from Italeri cost $9 versus whatever it would cost for some special 1/32 resin aftermarket set.

Re the Takom 1/35th artillery piece that sparked this thread- I just ordered it from  BNA Modelworld in Australia. Good price. I'm getting fascinated by WW1 artillery models and land war subjects  :)

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2015, 07:02:34 AM »
At the risk of incurring the wrath of anyone for whom "accuracy" matters more than life itself, I find that 1/35th and 1/32nd scale subjects can share the same diorama base if placed in such a way that the 35th scale subject is slightly back from the 32nd, so that scale perspective comes into play. I have a WnW SE5a diorama with a 1/35th work table and assorted tools next to the aircraft and any visual scale discrepancy is minimal. Or to put it another way, the work table and tools set from Italeri cost $9 versus whatever it would cost for some special 1/32 resin aftermarket set.

I totally agree with what David has said and like him I have used 1:35 scale with 1:32 scale with the difference in scale being negligible.

Des.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2015, 07:16:21 AM »

I totally agree with what David has said and like him I have used 1:35 scale with 1:32 scale with the difference in scale being negligible.

Des.

Me too!!! Im planning to use it in the future and difference doesn't really bother me... I just recently discovered BNAmodelworld after moving to Aus and must say that Im bit shocked that prices are similar or lower than back in Czech Republic - very nice surprise :)

Im mainly very pleased that more and more manufactures turning their attention to WWI... hopefully they will keep coming :)

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas