Author Topic: Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 11, Lufbery  (Read 9663 times)

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Re: Eduard 1/48 Nieuport 11, Lufbery
« Reply #45 on: September 19, 2012, 12:04:18 PM »
Nicely done Bud, I especially like the colours. Clean, crisp, and a pleasure to view.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #46 on: September 19, 2012, 12:20:41 PM »
Thank you, Lance.  This kit's been a pleasure to build.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2012, 01:15:35 AM »
  Bud,
Holy cow! I'm not around much for a few days and look what I find. Outstanding project Bud. Love her paintwork and weathering. Especially the oil staining.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2012, 04:34:41 AM »
Thank you, Gregory.  I've been away for a few days myself.  Took the family up to Yosemite, so didn't get a chance to finish her.  Hopefully by the end of today.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2012, 08:06:12 AM »
Yosemite? I hope you didn't run across any deer mice. The model is looking better every time I see it. Thanks for sharing the photos.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #50 on: September 25, 2012, 03:08:50 AM »
Thanks, Rob.  No deer mice, fortunately, but we did come upon a doe and her two fawns.

We were only 12 feet away from them and they didn't spook.  Yosemite is an amazing place.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #51 on: September 26, 2012, 04:56:43 AM »
Mounted the gun and installed aileron controls last night.  She's now in the completed models section.
http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=852.msg12752#new

Cheers,
Bud

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #52 on: September 26, 2012, 11:23:02 AM »
Very, very pretty!!!

Steve

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #53 on: September 26, 2012, 11:33:12 AM »
Very, very pretty!!!

Steve
Thank you, Steve.  In my eagerly shared and far from humble opinion, all Nieuport 11's are pretty, so I had a head start on this one.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline KrzysiekK

« Reply #54 on: September 26, 2012, 05:35:25 PM »
  The edging isn't as tight or as neat as I would've liked.  I used the kit supplied masks and they are way too small, therefore the edges are too large, but I'm not going to repaint it
Oh on profipack the mask for edging are included..hmm..I am going to do the Italian one from weekend edition and wondering how to do that part of job properly as the contrast between the canvas and edging will be clearly visible

Nevertheless I really enjoy your beauty.

Regards

K

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 02:58:26 PM »
Thank you, K!  On the next one, I intend to trace the outline of the wings onto masking tape and cut my own masks.  Those provided in my example were really too small and not the proper shape.
Cheers,
Bud

Offline xan

« Reply #56 on: December 14, 2014, 07:13:19 PM »
you did a wonderfull work, congratulations!
it's the first kid I see painted acording to Toelle'interpretation of 1916 comouflage in four colors and not two as usual...
I agree with this theorie and I will paint the next Navarre's nieuports folowing this way...

Xan
"Zwei Armeen, die sich bekämpfen, sind eine grosse Armee, die Selbstmord an sich übt."
Barbusse.
"Une montagne en Allemagne ne peut pas offenser une montagne en France. Ou une rivière ou une forêt ou un champ de blé."
Remarque.

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #57 on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:07 PM »
Thank you so much, Xan!  It's always good to find someone who agrees with your theories.  Lately, I've seen too many photos where there are clearly more than two upper surface colors to believe otherwise.
Cheers,
Bud