Author Topic: roden to release a 1/48 be12a?  (Read 1501 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

roden to release a 1/48 be12a?
« on: September 18, 2015, 01:04:42 PM »

Offline RAGIII

Re: roden to release a 1/48 be12a?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2015, 01:22:45 PM »
Interesting, and I hope it is true for the benefit of the 1/48th guys and gals. Also it would be nice just to see Roden dipping their feet in the WW1 aircraft pond again! That being said I checked the Roden Site and they don't show it as in processing?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2015, 01:31:44 PM »
Like you Rick I did a thorough search of the Roden website, nothing was found relating to this kit.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2015, 01:38:08 PM »
i looked at rodens site too but the modelimex site even has a kit number of rdn-48409 i dont know what to think. they already have a 1/48 be2c and be12b and when it came to the dh-9 dh-4 and bristol they did multiple  mods. i am hopeful and its not a hard mod. the main diff from the be12b is the nose and wing config.we shall see

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2015, 01:39:34 PM »
Scott, as wonderful as that would be, that has been listed on Modelimex and Hannants for years.
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ROD409
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ROD427
Sorry to pop your bubble, man.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2015, 12:12:14 AM »
I hear ya bud .kinda like the special hobby hansa c.1 ,eduards halbeestadt d.v and aeroclub fe.8.  At least I have an aeroclub be12a

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #6 on: September 19, 2015, 01:22:23 AM »
I hear ya bud .kinda like the special hobby hansa c.1 ,eduards halbeestadt d.v and aeroclub fe.8. 
And the Karaya Martinsyde Elephant. :'(
At least I have an aeroclub be12a
Some really nice models can be made kit bashing the Roden and Aeroclub BE's.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline janh

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2015, 04:22:45 AM »
if you're interested i've got one

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #8 on: September 19, 2015, 05:42:10 AM »
You've got one what, Jan?
Cheers,
Bud

Offline Bluesfan

• MW Miniature Work
« Reply #9 on: September 19, 2015, 09:00:13 AM »
Ah, those were the days... when each year a new glossy catalogue would come out; but you never got anything more than those pencil-style sketches.
And the kit numbers would be listed and find their way onto retailers online shops, understandably so, it created the illusion that they would have the kit first etc etc.

My personal biggest disappointment was the non-appearance of the Staaken R.VI R.30. If you don't know about this machine, you should look it up; it had an extra engine purely to supercharge the others, for altitude performance. It's the one in Haddow and Grosz's R-planes book with imaginary 'Fletcher's World' markings for its part in a post war film. Yes, so two different marking schemes would have been possible.

True, I never heard any hint that it was coming, but if you look closely at the sprues for, I believe, the first Roden R.VI kit of the R.27, you can spot unused parts that could only have been intended for the R.30. Shame! No, it really does seem that Roden has given up on the Great War, but at least we've had some lovely stuff from them on the way.

Mark

Offline Doug Mace

« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2015, 10:47:39 AM »
scalehobbyist.com (a very, very overlooked site...they have pretty much everything) a 1/48 Roden BE12b in stock - $26.69
"Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes"  -   Oscar Wilde

Offline dtomko

« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2015, 09:44:58 PM »
I hear ya bud .kinda like the special hobby hansa c.1 ,eduards halbeestadt d.v and aeroclub fe.8.  At least I have an aeroclub be12a

I've been putting off converting Gavia's Fokker D.II to a D.III because Special Hobby had a D.III listed years ago.  I've given up.

Drew

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2015, 12:11:23 AM »
and eduard was going to do a halberstadt d.v special hobby ws doing a hansa c1 and the list goes on. I just had not seen the be12a by Rosen before so I mentioned it