Author Topic: Decals for Collishaw's "Black Maria" Sopwith Triplane  (Read 1552 times)

Offline kinnies

• Biggles flies low
Decals for Collishaw's "Black Maria" Sopwith Triplane
« on: January 22, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
Hello everyone,

I recently received WNW's Tripe and am wondering if there are decals for Collishaw's Black Maria. I checked the Pheon site, which lists decals for Tripes, but don't know which specific plane. Raymond Collishaw is a hometown hero (Nanaimo, BC), so it would  be a real treat for me to be able to model his plane.

Cheers,
John

Offline kinnies

• Biggles flies low
Re: Decals for Collishaw's "Black Maria" Sopwith Triplane
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
That is wonderful, Bo. Thank you very much. BTW, following your inspirational Albi build very closely and am learning lots.
Cheers,
John

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 06:59:47 AM »
  John,
I'm looking forward to seeing your "Black Maria" Tripe my friend. A Black Flight diorama would be outstanding,perhap you could give the idea a shot. No pressure,just a thought.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2013, 11:31:37 AM »
No prob John, I just got my Tripe kit and am pondering options myself....

Cheers,

--Bo

Offline kinnies

• Biggles flies low
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2013, 02:01:42 PM »
Hi Greg,
That would be a good idea.

I just noticed a new book out or soon to be by Roger Gunn, Raymond Collishaw and the Black Flight. It looks pretty interesting.

John

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2013, 08:04:10 PM »
A quick question for those in the know - were the Pheon 1:32 Tripe decals designed for the Roden kit?  I guess most of the decals would work perfectly on the WNW model, but are there any that don't work?  I have the WNW kit and am planning to get the Pheon decals to do a Black Flight option.  I'm not much taken with the PC12 schemes suggested by WNW so Rowan's sheet is a godsend.....

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2013, 08:30:05 PM »
Hello Ian,

The Triplane decals were indeed designed to fit the Roden kit but the only area which might prove tricky is, I believe, the rudder stripe decal. I'd love to say I had tried them myself but my much-traveled Triplane has not yet made it from New Zealand - La Poste having decided, apparently on a whim, to send it back as soon as it arrived in France..... Dave has re-sent it and I expect it any day..... It seems that the various bands and sashes do fit, according to other customers of ours.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2013, 11:52:49 PM »
I just noticed a new book out or soon to be by Roger Gunn, Raymond Collishaw and the Black Flight. It looks pretty interesting.

I've been waiting for this book too and I see The Book Depository shows it being available in three days.

http://www.bookdepository.com/Raymond-Collishaw-Black-Flight-Roger-Gunn/9781459706620?b=-3&t=-26#Bibliographicdata-26

No tax or shipping charges to Canada either, so I deal with them all of the time.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2013, 12:02:06 AM »
Hello Ian,

The Triplane decals were indeed designed to fit the Roden kit but the only area which might prove tricky is, I believe, the rudder stripe decal. I'd love to say I had tried them myself but my much-traveled Triplane has not yet made it from New Zealand - La Poste having decided, apparently on a whim, to send it back as soon as it arrived in France..... Dave has re-sent it and I expect it any day..... It seems that the various bands and sashes do fit, according to other customers of ours.

Thanks Rowan, I suppose the original kit rudder decals can be combined with your sheet, if absolutely necessary. 

Hope you get your Tripe soon. Mine arrived in the UK fine, but for parcelforce holding onto it for a fortnight because they lost track of the release payment we made......

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2013, 05:38:41 AM »
Extraordinary Rowan. Here we are both living in the same country and yet my triplane got through (before Christmas) whereas yours was sent back to NZ. That fate befell my Pup.

Hope it gets through to you soon.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2013, 05:45:20 PM »
there are black maria decals in the roden kit, so if guys want they can do some trading. i personally plan to model that exact craft using my wnw kit.  if i ever finish my roden kit i want to do the russian one.