Author Topic: The pricing policy or why the engines from Taurus are so expensive?  (Read 2982 times)

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: The pricing policy or why the engines from Taurus are so expensive?
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2015, 04:41:37 PM »
There is also a small group of modellers who get tickled by scarcity, for example Steven Robson had no difficulty selling his gorgeous wheels, even though they were 'expensive'. Scarcity means there will be a bunch of folk who come along later and want them but can't buy them any more - nobody wants to become that person. I am guessing your BR2 will be a fairly limited run, so get it while its hot!
Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline taurusmodels

« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2015, 04:52:12 PM »

And I would add that the idea of you doing this for what amounts to sweatshop wages is  wrong....  ($2/hr?) And also unsustainable. Meaning you will burn out and we will be left without. I'd rather you charge prices that sustain your business; this is what you surely were born to do!

Yes, you're right Bo. Fortunately I'm earning in other way, and have no necessity to earn on my models. TaurusModels are not "real" business. I'm so happy to makes any challenge with myself, that the prize (or let say salary) is when I can say "challenge completed" (do you know this :)) ). As long, as I have real fun doing this, I can maintain low prices.

Concerning to 2$ per hour - it was exceptional situation - the model's cost was high, so to maintain low price I decreased costs of work. Normally I earn much more, sometimes even 7$/h  ;D ;D ;D
Joke, joke - it's really no matter.

Thank you and all the best, Lukasz

Offline Ronkootje

« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2015, 09:33:25 AM »
I want one when its finised for sure regardless the price

Ron

Ps what kind of silicone you use m8? And resin.
I take it you also presure cast? And maby poor resin pul a vacuum and then presure.?

Ron

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 02:46:57 AM »
you re an artist,art is worth high price. i do not have a 1/32 snipe so i dont need this engine. but i have enjoyed watching the progress of your creation. i also cast resin so i understand how many times the pour is not perfect. with the detail you have i know many times little bits of the mold will pull away when you demold and this damages the mold. eventually this gets too bad to continue with the casting. silicone is not very cheap. i respect your commitment to excellence and your devotion to our hobby. i truly hope you continue to make parts for us and i will continue to support your buisness. i build both 1/48 and 1/32. i have 5 of your 1/48 mercedes d.1 and also lerhone and oberursel . i hope you will someday continue with 1/48 even though i understand that 1/32 is more steady buisness.

your bently is the best resin engine ever created by any company . it is a masterpiece. i hope that you sell enough to make it worth you effort.

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2015, 05:12:36 AM »
I would never blame people for overcharging...I have a choice by myself and if I want to buy it I will but I wont complain after purchase... Lukasz, your service, products and all my happiness when I receive that resin beauty are worth all my money, often even more then I already pay...

I cant wait to buy new Bentley and hide it in Snipe... just for that happiness and for my good sleep and for your next projects for us and our machines :)

Thanks Lukasz for your great work!!

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2015, 09:14:57 AM »
Quality comes at a price but what Lukasz is charging is more than fair in my mind, he could charging more but I'm sure he has done his homework.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com