Author Topic: Copper State Models closed!!  (Read 2135 times)

Offline radio

Copper State Models closed!!
« on: August 12, 2015, 07:17:55 AM »
Ilya Sobolev is no longer owner !!!! like a mail in KitMaker Network.
Very bad news for us.
Cheers
Martin

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Copper State Models closed!!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:13:52 AM »
I received an email from Ilya Sobolev last night stating that he has handed complete ownership of CSM back to his former partner Vyacheslav Krylov. Ilya has, from the 10th of August 2015, disassociated himself from CSM and cannot and will not be held responsible for any CSM dealings. I will contact the former/new owner to get information as to the future of CSM.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline radio

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 08:16:42 AM »
Many thanks for your information; Des.
Cheers
Martin

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 06:21:28 PM »
Bad news, indeed.

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 01:06:54 AM »
I do so hope things are ok with Ilya. I cannot tell you how kind and supportive he has been over my efforts to put the old CS Taube togther. Unfortunately, I have only had messages from him via the CS email address and so can't thank him directly.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 03:51:59 AM »
WTF not good news at all.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 03:53:15 AM »
so they are not closed just under new management?

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 07:50:27 AM »
I received a reply from Edgar Liepinsh, Executive Director of Copper State Models and things will be running as normal, the shop they have on the forum will remain, this is good news indeed.

Des.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2015, 03:39:47 PM by Des »

Offline radio

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 11:45:14 PM »
Many thanks for this good update, Des.
Cheers
Martin

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2015, 08:43:30 AM »
CSM has a good standing in the modeling community so it is great news that they are going to continue, hopefully we will hear a lot of new and exciting news from them soon. Edgar seemed very keen to keep the forum shop as is, he has now joined the forum and is the moderator of the CSM forum shop, please express your support for him and his CSM business.

Des.

Offline radio

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2015, 03:34:00 AM »
Many thanks for your Information, Edgar.
Cheers
Martin

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2015, 02:50:23 PM »
good news

Offline Nesterov

• Copper State Models
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2015, 11:23:40 PM »
Thank you for the correction, Edgar.

Just for the record: Slava (Vyacheslav) bought the company and we moved it to the U.K. where I have registered it and organised everything else to run the business. Our responsibilities were divided as follows:
Slava is responsible for the production/manufacturing;
I was responsible for the customer support, sales, advertising, marketing, accountancy, legal issues, negotiations with the subcontractors, etc.

Some of the components and products were and are manufactured in the U.K. and rest of them in Czech Rep. and in Russia. The team working under CSM brand was spread out through North America and Europe (six countries in all).

I was not paid for this enterprise but for the first two years (before the business took off) was putting my money in as well as Slava just to keep the business afloat. No profit or any money was received by me though until the day I left the company (10/08/2015). The CSM as a business became self-sustainable (thanks to you guys) as of about mid- or second half of 2015 and year later we started to receive the profit which immediately was directed into development of new projects and into adoption of new technologies.

On top of everything else described above there were dozens small or big of issues at some point both of us had to deal with on a daily basis through last four years but this would be the price any entrepreneurs have to pay.

I had to leave the company and transfer all my shares to Slava and his new business associate (Alex Kats) because the conditions for further work were changed and I felt those conditions did not meet my expectations.

All these points above are just to cease any possible speculations and calm any possible worries down :) regarding the CSM and its team.

Thank you for your support and advices guys, those meant the World to me while struggling sometimes through while at the CSM :).

Take care all and Happy Modelling!

ILYA SOBOLEV
« Last Edit: August 25, 2015, 01:10:00 AM by Nesterov »
The God created a Man and the Scale Modelling. Everything else is somehow secondary really...

Offline Nesterov

• Copper State Models
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2015, 01:02:46 AM »
I do so hope things are ok with Ilya. I cannot tell you how kind and supportive he has been over my efforts to put the old CS Taube togther. Unfortunately, I have only had messages from him via the CS email address and so can't thank him directly.

Best wishes
Nigel

Hello Nigel,
I am perfectly OK, considering new scale modelling businesses/challenges and having tons of free time to get back to my personal scale modelling projects (1/72 Airfix and Italeri A-26 Invaders in particular together with the Antonov An-2 Colt). You thanked me personally enough :) I am glad I was of help as much as I could. Apart from everything else my email address stays the same because I have it since early days with Olimp, PROresin and ARMORY which I still deal with and never stopped dealing with while launching and promoting CSM.

Take care and feel free to drop a line at any time :)
The God created a Man and the Scale Modelling. Everything else is somehow secondary really...

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2015, 01:22:10 PM »
thanks for your clarification ilya. good luck in your future endeavors.hopefully it will be profitable for you.