Author Topic: Not really new, but what a deal!  (Read 1430 times)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Not really new, but what a deal!
« on: September 11, 2015, 01:26:57 PM »
Was doing a little shopping last night and stumbled on this at Hannants.  If I didn't already have it, I'd snatch it up in a heart beat.  It's a great kit. 
http://www.hannants.co.uk/product/EDK1147
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
Re: Not really new, but what a deal!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2015, 01:54:10 PM »
+1

That price is over half off the price it carried when it was originally released.  A good deal indeed
Honor Necessity

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2015, 02:29:17 PM »
An excellent deal.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline skeeterbuck

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2015, 09:28:17 PM »
Sprue brothers in the USA has this kit on sale for half price, Sale ends in 2 days on the 13th of Sept so they'll need to act fast.

Link: http://store.spruebrothers.com/product_p/edu01147.htm

I was thinking of picking one up myself but I have so many unbuilt kits in my stash now that it would most likely never be built.  :(

Chuck

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2015, 03:19:31 AM »
list price what's $54.99 when it came out.I got one then still ones build but I did do 1.that sure is a tempting price.I have gotten to the point where if I see a really good deal like that I just buy it can always resell itin a few years

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 02:12:45 PM »
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2015, 12:16:34 AM »
    Nonsense and then some, Bud! Some people never top trying.........says a lot for doing your homework on the shopping front. :o
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• My Models
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2015, 12:52:12 AM »
    Nonsense and then some, Bud! Some people never top trying.........says a lot for doing your homework on the shopping front. :o
Cheers,
Lance
Lance, sometimes I'll have 5 or 6 tabs open, switching from one to the other, checking price and postage, until I find what I want.  Caveat emptor!
Cheers,
Bud

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2015, 06:05:07 AM »
here here. thats the biggest downfall of capitalism, sellers have every right to and therefore stick it to the buyers whenever and however they can. this is why i prefer to buy rare oop kits from a modeller selling fro whatever reason as opposed to a buisnessman. theres a seller in new orleans on ebay who sells models and he has some nice stuff i want to get but his prices are just too high in most cases. he has the old tool ssw d.iii priced higher than you can get the new profipack for. in my eyes this kit is practically worthless now, the only perk is the photoetch which can perhaps be partially used on a build of the new tool. i usually like to support the little guy or underdog.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 06:12:44 AM »
here here. thats the biggest downfall of capitalism, sellers have every right to and therefore stick it to the buyers whenever and however they can. this is why i prefer to buy rare oop kits from a modeller selling fro whatever reason as opposed to a buisnessman. theres a seller in new orleans on ebay who sells models and he has some nice stuff i want to get but his prices are just too high in most cases. he has the old tool ssw d.iii priced higher than you can get the new profipack for. in my eyes this kit is practically worthless now, the only perk is the photoetch which can perhaps be partially used on a build of the new tool. i usually like to support the little guy or underdog.

I completely agree with supporting the little guy! I would much rather buy from small shops like the ones on this forum, ie; Aviattic, Taurus, Flugzeugwerke, etc. The big sellers have the right to stick it to us, but we have the right not to buy from them. This is not a downfall of capitalism, but it's true strength!

George

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 07:57:43 AM »
I think it boils down to the old adage - Shopper beware - do your homework before taking the plunge.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 04:08:29 PM »
sure if you are only talking about model parts. what about things that you need but cant afford,things that are only expensive because of corporate greed. i meant in general not just model kits.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 04:17:54 PM »
sure if you are only talking about model parts. what about things that you need but cant afford,things that are only expensive because of corporate greed. i meant in general not just model kits.

Yes, you are correct about the greed when corporations collude and fix prices on gasoline for example, and other essentials. I thought you were talking about our models, OOP kits and supplies. I'm with you 100% when you're talking about big business and corporations.

George

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2015, 02:55:29 AM »

Yes, you are correct about the greed when corporations collude and fix prices on gasoline for example, and other essentials. I thought you were talking about our models, OOP kits and supplies. I'm with you 100% when you're talking about big business and corporations.

George

And I'm there with you both too!

Best wishes
Nigel