Author Topic: Jig for biplane models all scales  (Read 2050 times)

Offline torsion

Jig for biplane models all scales
« on: June 06, 2015, 10:36:29 PM »
ACTION.....FREE SHIPPING

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Jig for biplane models all scales
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2015, 08:39:53 AM »
Thanks very much for the info on this jig, it looks impressive. Their website advertises it to suit 1:32 and 1:24 scale models.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Kai

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2015, 10:39:13 AM »
Interesting.

I've got a SRAM jig, but I need another jig as I've usually got more than one biplane on the go.

So I've ordered one. At £30 delivered, it seems reasonably priced and looks a bit more sturdy than the SRAM jig.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2015, 11:41:02 AM »
Looking at the jig on their web site it appears to be very well made and should be plenty strong enough (won't hold the Felixstowe though :o) but for the multitude of single and two seat 1:32 scale models available it will come in very handy.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline torsion

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2015, 05:51:18 PM »
hello , this and other 3 jigs I produce of 5mm plexiglass...construction is strong and stability...to assembly you need only glue and two hand and 15 minutes D ..recommendet glue is Loctite super atack...all parts have protective foil, before asembling you have removing this foil...

jigs for biplane a have all the degrees who you need for  assembling your model

jigs for 1/32 and 1/24 We have proposed to handle the even the largest models/ Hansa and others/

if you need more information , contating me in this e-mail: [email protected]

Thank you for you coment

Pavol

Offline Verbeek

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2015, 11:47:19 PM »
I have order it too, hope it is in the mail next week.
Out of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline torsion

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2015, 12:24:23 AM »
Cor, your order is complete and send....order system mail 2.june 2015 send you e-mail...

Offline jknaus

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2015, 02:02:08 AM »
Hopefully it is better packed than before. Mine arrived cracked on the base. Wish I had of waited for the free shipping as I had to pay shipping and VAT even though not from the EU.
I'll leave it at that.
James

Offline torsion

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2015, 03:31:05 AM »
Mr.Knaus,

theme VAT issue was thoroughly discussed and an explanation....spare part was sent to a jig still operates without problem one year...and how to work carriers can not influence...last week I order new package boxes for this product....and in your country canceled postage when you order goods?... ;)

Offline radio

« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2015, 03:48:04 AM »
Pavol how long goes your free shpping?
Martin

Offline torsion

« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2015, 07:37:20 PM »
action is this week

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2015, 11:08:25 PM »
I got it last week and it is a good jig as fas as I can say, but it comes with few minor, imho, issues!
First the jig comes rather "in-a-bag", then in a box:) not a big issue as far as all parts are there and are undamaged! My jig was OK, but I got one part left in the end and I'm not quite sure if it was there on purpose or by mistake!
Second, few parts intend to be glued and there is no type of glue reccomendation in the instruction. This is not a problem, I used CA glue and it seems OK, but what if after a while it brakes and damages a future project of  mine? I prefer all parts to be assembled by screws and nuts, especially when I don't know what kind of glue I should use.
Third, the instruction is not clear enough, but who reads instructions anyway?!

All those are minor issues and in the end the jig is good for what it is intended to be used - building biplanes! Regarding the size - a 1:48 Salmson fits on nearly the smalles settings possible, the scouts will really be on the smallest possible settings, thats for sure. Probably a/c as big as a Gotha will fit perfectly, not sure for the Felixstowe.

Here is a picture of the whole thing "in-use" even thou I put the whole plane on the upper position for easier access. The upper wing is already glued and rigging is on its way

Think globally, act locally!

Offline torsion

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2015, 11:17:27 PM »
hello....yes this is problem, but you feedback will help to improve our product.... recomended glue is: Loctite super atack...

TO ALL!!l : all parts have protective foil, before assembling you must remove this foil, and after remofe using glue...in the picture all blue parts have protective foil !!!

Sorry SsashO !

Offline Ssasho0

• Scale Models Club Bulgaria
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2015, 11:32:31 PM »
So I will have to dissassembe and remove the foil - you better inlude this information into the instruction!
Think globally, act locally!

Offline radio

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 05:54:45 AM »
Just order the jig.
Martin