Author Topic: 1:32 Teves & Braun Airfoil Radiator for Alb D.III/D.V/D.Va  (Read 5388 times)

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: 1:32 Teves & Braun Airfoil Radiator for Alb D.III/D.V/D.Va
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2016, 06:01:55 AM »
Ref the Roden radiator size and location. Unfortnately the roden size has to be wrong if aligned with their cabane mounting postions which would mount through the spar for strength. Rodens rad looks suspiciously to far forwards by a little and worse too far back as it would cut through the spar. (If yopu trust Rodens bolt placement of course, so going ith whats written above I concur Bo's is probably the right size.  It gets my vote of confidence.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

mike in calif

« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2016, 09:59:14 AM »
This is intended for a WNW kit. I do have an Encore Albie D.II, and it had occurred to me that Bo may design a rad for that kit. I'm patient, and time will tell. I'm going to have to follow my budget and purchase the Shapeways DVII bits I want, but I can fool around with the radiator as well.

Offline Flugzeugwerke

« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2016, 11:11:43 AM »
I concur Bo's is probably the right size.  It gets my vote of confidence.

Keith

Yay  :D

Offline Flugzeugwerke

« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2016, 11:15:04 AM »
This is intended for a WNW kit. I do have an Encore Albie D.II, and it had occurred to me that Bo may design a rad for that kit. I'm patient, and time will tell. I'm going to have to follow my budget and purchase the Shapeways DVII bits I want, but I can fool around with the radiator as well.

The "single strake" T&B radiator variant is on my list (as are others, inc. DB versions, windhoff ear radiators etc)...