Author Topic: HPH Macchi M-5  (Read 10342 times)

Offline 15badcats

Re: HPH Macchi M-5
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
I've seen a couple of their  kits and they are very well done The moldings are very nice and I have heard they build up very nicely

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2015, 02:45:00 PM »
the letov parts look great very detailed. this is a new age in resin,no longer do we have the poorly poured bubble ladel blobs with wings. a wonder what happened to woijec fayga he was doing a master for a pzl.p11c in brass.

Offline the great waldo

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »
They also have a bare bones Airco DH.2 in 1:18 scale, the pictures of it look really good.

Des.

Have you got any pics Des ?

Cheers

Andrew

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2015, 06:57:21 PM »
Here are some pictures from their website but I have since found out that this model was specially made by HPH for a museum, it is not a main stream kit, pity.

Des.

Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Kai

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2015, 02:39:40 AM »
I've got HPH's Supermarine Walrus kit. It's absolutely wonderful, around £150 or so.

I think HPH rather like their flying boats, what with the Catalina as well.

But, if you've never built a resin kit, it takes a LOT more time & effort than a WNW kit.

HPH will built pretty much any kit you ask them to, but at a price. I seem to remember that somebody ordered a 1/24 P-40 & they did that, but it cost around £700 or so I think?

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2015, 02:44:56 AM »
Wow, incredible, Des!! I want that!

But 1/18 scale? That's a bit odd. Why not 1/16?

George

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2015, 09:24:28 AM »
Great to see this aircraft finally kitted in 1:32 scale, I have been waiting for one of these for a long time.

Des.

Ditto, and ditto my ditto!!!!!

I'd love to see their Catalina in person. Considering my dad's connection to that iconic plane, it would be a natural for me but, at that price, I'd sure want to have a really good look at one. Also, I'm always concerned with resin kits re: the wings sagging.  Has tis problem been overcome??

Cheers,
Michael

PS I knew George would want one of those Dh. 2s!!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2015, 09:30:14 AM by Michael Scarborough »

Offline petrov27

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2015, 10:15:11 AM »

I'd love to see their Catalina in person. Considering my dad's connection to that iconic plane, it would be a natural for me but, at that price, I'd sure want to have a really good look at one. Also, I'm always concerned with resin kits re: the wings sagging.  Has tis problem been overcome??

The Cat has fiberglass wings and fuselage - very rigid. Landing gear is resin cast around steel wire for strength and so it wont sag over time. Amazing kit really...
-Patrick

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2015, 11:17:37 AM »
OK, thanks, Petrov....

Offline zavod44

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2015, 12:56:10 PM »
Ron,
Don't even go there! That attitude has stymied Roden, Special Hobby, and HobbyCraft for
years. It's not "Wingnut's Scale". That scale was alive long before WNW came along.
They just took it up a notch. There are still "Modelers" out there.

Jim

Hey Can you explain yourself when you say there are still "modelers" out there?  I would like to hear the explanation of this comment....

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2015, 01:14:35 PM »
i think ,what jim was implying was , because wnw kits are so well engineered and perfect fitting that makes them easier to build than an older tool or short run kit as most 1/48 and 1/72 scale kits are. a kit like a special hobby,blue max,aeroclub,vacuform or early eduard kit there are many problems and shortcomings of the kits that must be solved to get it done,correct inaccuracies and have it look ok. i see what he is saying in a way because if you take a wnw kit and have reasonable modeller skills you can follow the instructions and you will have a nice decent looking model. in a sense there is less traditional modelling skills needed to do a simple out of the box wnw build. i say simple out of the box build because there are true modellers building wnw kits,many of them on this very site. these guys go above and beyond to add extra scratch built embellishments and modify kit parts that are limited by the injection molding process to look more like the real parts. so my point is there are many true modellers also building wnw kits and also advancing earlier techniques with new technology etc. in the old days it was much more obvious to a layman which modellers had real skill because there models looked so much more realistic than an out of the box build of a primitive kit which is laden with issues. i see both sides of the argument but respect all modelling,not everyone can be bo,bertl,des etc,etc. its about having fun and learning some history along the way.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2015, 01:43:41 PM »
Is there an argument?  So those who build WNW kits are not "modelers"?  Interesting, why pass judgement on what others do and what they build?  If people choose to start with a great kit why should anyone care?  I wonder why anyone would purposely start with a sub par kit unless they just loved the subject.  Just sayin....

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2015, 02:29:44 PM »
There will be no flame wars here on this forum and this topic will be stopped if any further negative comment are posted.

No-one has said that those who build Wingnut kits are not modelers, I have built a heap of Wingnut kits and still class myself as a modeler, but I do like a challenge where I can exercise my modeling skills a bit further by building lesser quality kits or even scratch building, we are all modelers regardless of what we build or how well we build them

END OF STORY.

Des.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2015, 02:59:25 PM »
This topic is now back on track where we will talk about the new HPH 1:32 scale Macchi M.5 which is soon to be released and promises to be a real beauty. From what I have seen of their other kits and reports I have read of them they are a brilliant kit, expensive but good. It is a breath of fresh air to see other manufacturers step up to the plate and start producing quality 1:32 scale WW1 aircraft kits.

Des.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2015, 03:52:54 PM »
I don't know about your guys my computer keeps freaking out when I try to click on that link.....How big is this airplane?  Is it multimedia? What do these guys normally produce?  Resin?  Injection molded? It certainly looks interesting.....