Author Topic: Weekend Challenge: Werner Voss's F.1  (Read 6265 times)

Offline skeeterbuck

Re: Weekend Challenge: Werner Voss's F.1
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2017, 09:33:03 PM »
Really nice job Bud!  8) The streaked camo finish is my favorite part. What's your technique?

Also, were you able to keep to the OOB with the exception of the throttle and seatbelts and of course the rigging?

I'm currently working on the Eduard Pfalz Weekend Edition and with the exception of the rigging it will be completely OOB.I'm even using the decal seatbelts and single solid casted Spandau MG's. Just curious to see what can be done with only what Eduard gives you.  :D

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #31 on: November 03, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
pretty little thing, looks like the main show not a side project.

i too am particularly keen on your streaking technique, looks better than a great many i've seen (i'm not keen on using decals since the originals were painted).

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #32 on: November 04, 2017, 04:43:18 AM »
When did this appear? I missed it whenever it was but am sure glad that i have seen it now. The streaking is top notch, but the rest of the model has plenty to write home about too. For a quick build that is simply superb. Nobody has been let down there Bud.

Stephen.

Bughunter

« Reply #33 on: November 04, 2017, 08:30:22 AM »
Bud, glad to see the finished model - very nice result in a fantastic build time!
I have a started Dr.I to beside my other projects, but I need _much_ longer!

I'm also interested in your technique of the streaked camo finish.

Thanks for sharing!

Cheers,
Frank

Offline boggie

« Reply #34 on: November 04, 2017, 02:24:46 PM »
Very excellent F1 Bud!

I like the colours you have used.

I have read all the F1/Voss posts on the aerodrome many times and IMHO

I reckon you colour scheme is pretty much spot on.

Great model all round.  :)

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 04:13:13 AM »
Thank you all for your very kind comments.  Sorry it took so long to respond, but I'm just a lazy, irresponsible, daft prick.
Andreas, the Rhine cruise was awesome! Medieval architecture every where you look.  I love that whole Rhine valley.
Frank, Jeff and Chuck, I hate to disappoint you guys, But the streaking is all Aviattic decals.  http://www.aviattic.co.uk/148-fokker-streaked-camouflage-decals.html
The good news is that anyone can get the same results.  We've all used decals to replicate markings that were painted on the originals and no one seems to mind.  These decals are the finest around and have none of the pixalling often associated with large surface decals.  Truly wonderful stuff.
Thanks again, guys!
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2017, 07:19:29 PM »
not disappointed, Aviattic's stuff is impeccable. i'll probably still do my streaking by hand, but whomever's in second place to Aviattic's lozenges isn't likelty to be a close second. the colors in particular are pitch perfect...

i also read a lot of theaerodrome stuff on this kite and i'm also drinking the 'streaks over blue' kool-aid. besides, it's prettier than streaks over CDL.