Author Topic: The Eduard Fokker D.VII (MAG)  (Read 812 times)

Offline menright

The Eduard Fokker D.VII (MAG)
« on: January 22, 2015, 03:35:42 AM »
About the Eduard Fokker D.VII (MAG).

Would anyone be able to tell me if this kit has the parts to also build the OAW/Fokker/Albatros versions as well?

Thanks,

Michael
Michael

Offline Type99

Re: The Eduard Fokker D.VII (MAG)
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 05:14:18 AM »
The kit doesnt have the fokker, alb or oaw specific fuselages or compatible radiators from what I see. Otherwise i think it has most of the parts. The fuselage provided on the lone mag specific sprue may match up with the side cowlings of some later models but I think there may be differences in the upper parts of the cowl and where it meets the radiator

Offline davecww1

Re: The Eduard Fokker D.VII (MAG)
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 07:02:58 AM »
Type 99 is correct, the fuselage is different to fit the 200hp Austro-Damlier engine, which is also included instead of a Mercedes or BMW. So different fuselage, radiator, guns and ammo containers, axle wing and engine.  You can look at the instructions on Eduard's website, all parts on sprue G and X are different, but it shows that the blued out parts not to use are still on the other sprues, which include the German engine, guns and ammo container. So you basically need a different fuselage and radiator to build the German version.  by the way I have a spare fuselage and radiator from the OAW kit, and would be willing to trade it for the 200hp Austro-Damlier engine if you want.
http://www.eduard.com/store/out/media/1147.pdf
DaveC