WW1 Aircraft Modeling > Photographing your Models

A question of Focus

(1/4) > >>

RAGIII:
I just took some quick photos of the Manta German Pilot. color balance and lighting seem good. The focus of everything BUT the face is good. What settings do I need to adjust?

pilot 009_crop by ragfokker, on Flickr

RAGIII

Jacek:
Try using a multi-measuring mode.

eindecker:
Appears your camera's autofocus picked up on the wing and roundel in the background. I'd think there is a setting in your camera to force focus where you want it to be. And, simply, set your figure on a monotone background, like a piece of blue or white poster board. That should take care of it.

RAGIII:

--- Quote from: eindecker on February 03, 2015, 08:36:37 AM ---Appears your camera's autofocus picked up on the wing and roundel in the background. I'd think there is a setting in your camera to force focus where you want it to be. And, simply, set your figure on a monotone background, like a piece of blue or white poster board. That should take care of it.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for the suggestions. Like I said, This was a Quick shoot. I am going to try a better set up in the next couple of days so we shall see.
RAGIII

IFF1418:
Hi Rick,

What our friend Eindeckersaid is right! You can leave the auto-focus mode and focus manually. Else if your camera has multiple focussing points choose the one which comes close to the point you really want to be sharp. Best thing is to leave totally the auto mode of your camera and choose pre-set of diafragm. If you choose  opening f.i. 16 then you will get a better sharpness all around, but also a slower time, so a tripod might be necessairy. I hope I explained clearly my friend(you know I’m not English speaking).

Kind regards
Patrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version