Author Topic: Gotha on ebay.  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Gotha on ebay.
« on: June 02, 2012, 09:29:49 PM »
I just won an auction on ebay Australia for a brand new, unopened mint condition Wingnut Wings Gotha, I got it for $92.00.  :) :)  Just goes to show that the Wingnut kits do come up on ebay every now and then.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Re: Gotha on ebay.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2012, 09:32:33 PM »
Well done Des, enjoy building it mate.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2012, 09:46:39 PM »
Very good Des!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline gcn

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2012, 01:08:59 AM »
We get them coming up reasonably regularly in the UK, mostly it's the same seller. Time you've taken into account VAT & duty and handling they go for about £10 cheaper than what Hannants do them for or £10 more expensive compare to getting them direct.

People seem to know what they're worth unfortunately.

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 07:48:39 AM »
We get them coming up reasonably regularly in the UK, mostly it's the same seller. Time you've taken into account VAT & duty and handling they go for about £10 cheaper than what Hannants do them for or £10 more expensive compare to getting them direct.

People seem to know what they're worth unfortunately.

The only thing with Hannants is they don't seem to take in to account the exchange rate, if WnW sells them at $89 then Hannants sell them for £89, not £56 which is the current exchange rate.

Cheers

Pete.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »
If I remember correctly Des, you were designing a glass display cabinet for your aeroplanes. It might be prudent to add an oversize shelf to accomodate this behemoth.

Cheers,

Chris
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 08:26:19 AM by Chris Johnson »
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline gcn

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2012, 06:30:40 PM »
Thats true Pete but don't forget you need to add VAT to that price which is another £11 plus the RM £8 fee and your £56 goes to £75, which is roughly the eBay value.

Hannants are probably making about £15 on a $89 kit, which is more of a service than a business IMO. hence the reason they don't discount WNW KITS for collection at air shows etc, which they do with everything else.

For us in the UK the most cost effective method is to buy more than 1 at a time hence spreading the RM fee.

Hannants may be more expensive than direct but there's no hassle involved.

Offline Pete Nottingham

« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2012, 07:19:01 PM »
If I remember correctly Des, you were designing a glass display cabinet for your aeroplanes. It might be prudent to add an oversize shelf to accomodate this behemoth.

Cheers,

Chris

Noooo, he needs to build a hanger in the garden.  ;)

Cheers

Pete.

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2012, 12:19:27 AM »
I just won an auction on ebay Australia for a brand new, unopened mint condition Wingnut Wings Gotha, I got it for $92.00.  :) :)  Just goes to show that the Wingnut kits do come up on ebay every now and then.

Des.

Excellent!

I've been waiting for when you do a build log on this(I assume you will).
I want a size comparison when you're done, I'm still overawed by that 72 cm wingspan it seems to be billed at.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 12:51:20 PM »
I had another win on ebay last night, this time it is a Roden 1:32 Fokker D.VI, I won the auction with a $23.00 bid, going on todays prices that is about half retail price.  :)

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Jim52

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2012, 01:42:27 PM »
Seems to me that "Someone" has started to build a stash!   ;D ;D 8)

Jim

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2012, 04:18:59 PM »
I had another win on ebay last night, this time it is a Roden 1:32 Fokker D.VI, I won the auction with a $23.00 bid, going on todays prices that is about half retail price.  :)

Des.

I think I very nearly bid on that one Des! It was on my watch list ;D
I was in a local hobby shop today and the Roden 1:48 kits are running at approx $32-$36, Eduard kits a little more expensive.
Much cheaper on the net from overseas ::)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline miecio52

« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2012, 07:27:57 PM »
Gotha of WW beautiful model but too big to carry him to the modeling competition, but I must boast that not long ago I managed finally to the British ebay wylicytować Lohner B II for 56.55 a pound, so that I have 10 models from the company Copper State M, all that I wanted, now I'll be hunting for models with Jager M.

Sorry for my English colleagues, but I write the translator

« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 07:30:26 PM by miecio52 »
Regards
 Mietek
 IPMS Poland / Silesia