Author Topic: Eduard Decals: Storage Issues  (Read 934 times)

WarrenD

Eduard Decals: Storage Issues
« on: January 26, 2015, 08:01:04 AM »
Has a fellow modeler on another forum build a kit, and the decals didn't age well. Since a significant portion of my stash consists of Eduard kits, this is a concern for me. Of course, mine are in a cool, dark place in terms of storage.

Have any of you had a problem with Eduard decals not storing or aging well?

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Eduard Decals: Storage Issues
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:39:08 AM »
I think what you are doing is good, I keep all my left over decals in a zip lock plastic bag with a sheet of paper between any multiple sheets, expel as much air as possible from the bag before sealing then I place it inside an empty Wingnuts kit box and stored in a wardrobe where it is cool and dark. Time will tell if what I am doing will protect the decals from aging.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2015, 09:46:15 AM »
Thanks Des. My aftermarket decals are stored in the bags they came in, in a file folder, in a filing cabinet, which is in my tiny man-cave. Those that come with kits are kept in the box with the kit, and in either the same room, or in a box in the closet, under the bed, etc.

Warren

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2015, 10:02:10 AM »
I think keeping the decals in a very dark place away from all light sources, moisture free and a cool place is the secret.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2015, 11:03:28 AM »
Me too.

Warren