Author Topic: Show us your Walfisch  (Read 6275 times)

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Show your Walfisch
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2014, 07:45:59 PM »
Extremely well done Brad, I really like the fish scale fuselage.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2014, 01:19:47 AM »
Masterfully done, as usual, Brad!  I remember your build log on this one.  Her interior is as gorgeous as her exterior.  (Afraid I can't say that about my ex.  It does apply, however, to my current missus.)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2014, 02:55:50 AM »
What a super piece of work, Brad; it looks most impressive.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Squiffy

• Something up with my banter, chaps?
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2014, 06:25:04 AM »
This was the third kit I built after my 30 year hiatus. It's the Airfix offering, with very little improvement. The interior is scratch built and the markings are handpainted, but other than that it's OOB, warped wing and huge panel lines included.
 I have another in the stash, with a Choroszy engine and Mini-World Parabellum to add to it...looking forward to getting a start on it....

Definitely a "practice" effort, but much better than the first one I built when I was about 12!

Ian

Thanks for posting that. I had no idea that such a kit was available in 1/72! As a result I've just found one on ebay.  :)