Author Topic: Hannover CL.II paint question  (Read 1420 times)

Offline jknaus

Hannover CL.II paint question
« on: February 25, 2015, 06:57:02 AM »
Okay I need some help, well at least help you might be able to give me. I am almost to the point on my Hannover CL.II  where I have tp start painting. I got the Pheon decals to do a scheme that I thought looked good and would be easy. After more research I am at a standstill. Is it imparative to paint the lozenges on the fuselage of this aircraft and then do a translucent over coat? The one I want to do has a white tail and two tone cam. From reading all I can and looking at builds in Windsock and on line I have found wide variences in interpretation of the paint schemes. So can anyone give me some help in figuring this out? Do I paint lozenges and then over coat in the two tone, or do I just do the two tone?
Thanks in advance for any help you might give.
James

Offline jknaus

Re: Hannover CL.II paint question
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2015, 01:08:30 AM »
Thanks RB for clearing that up some. As the scheme I want to do has the green and blue cam I guess I will have to do the lozenges. sigh. Well best get to work then.
James

Offline rlrimell

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2015, 09:15:44 PM »
Hi Guys,

The colours and markings of the Hawa series are very difficult to pin down- I doubt if anyone has the definitive answer. We are putting together a two volume set on these aeroplanes this year which will carry detailed painting notes supporting new revisionist profiles by Ronny. We will also  be presenting scale plans of all three main variants and can promise a surprise or two...
  Cheers,
 Ray R.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2015, 09:36:46 PM »
Well that settles that I guess. I've been waffleing with news of some decals. Now your books I guess I will put this away until I have everything.  I wonder if I dare break out the J-1 while I wait.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
Hi Guys,

The colours and markings of the Hawa series are very difficult to pin down- I doubt if anyone has the definitive answer. We are putting together a two volume set on these aeroplanes this year which will carry detailed painting notes supporting new revisionist profiles by Ronny. We will also  be presenting scale plans of all three main variants and can promise a surprise or two...
  Cheers,
 Ray R.

Goooood news, Ray! Looking foreward to these,

Richard

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2015, 12:41:31 AM »
Hi Guys,

Cheers,
 Ray R.

OK, there's another set of books to save for with the hobby budget. :)

Warren

Offline gcn

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2015, 03:07:11 AM »
you mean you don't want to go through the masking hell that is the Hannover just to cover it all up again.  :D

£20 worth of masking tape later and its ready to all but disappear. I'll let you know after the top coat whether it was worth it

Offline jknaus

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2015, 03:51:02 AM »
Looking good. Cant wait to see how it comes out.
James