Author Topic: Fokker E.V  (Read 2336 times)

Offline gbrivio

Fokker E.V
« on: March 31, 2018, 12:41:59 AM »
I started since some time a Fokker E.V and now I'm trying to complete the building. Here are pictures of the wing at first stage, with simulated plywood panels.
Base coat was Tamiya Buff, with oils for woodgrain (burnt umber, yellow ochre, reddish neaples yellow and zinc white).
Giuseppe

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: Fokker E.V
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2018, 04:07:30 AM »
 Giuseppe,
Wow beautiful paintwork my friend. The plywood is spot on. keep up the excellence and keep the updates coming. I'll be following with great interest too.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline Juan

• All gave some, some gave all.
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2018, 04:12:32 AM »
Hi Giuseppe, beautiful woodwork with all the variations.  Is this kit 1/48?  Looking forward to your progress.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2018, 05:32:34 AM »
Thank you for your comments, and sorry: I forgot to mention it is the Eduard 1/48 kit.
Here are stages 2 and 3. Streaks are painted first then reinforced with a home made decal.
Giuseppe

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2018, 07:08:42 AM »
Giuseppe,
    The streaking is really impressive. I am fascinated by the apparent difference the home made decals you mention bring them out so nicely, can you share the technique details? I struggled with mine in 1:32 Scale on the Mikr Mir D.VIII, yours are spot on!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2018, 07:36:47 AM »
Giuseppe,
    The streaking is really impressive. I am fascinated by the apparent difference the home made decals you mention bring them out so nicely, can you share the technique details? I struggled with mine in 1:32 Scale on the Mikr Mir D.VIII, yours are spot on!
Cheers,
Lance

Not only do I agree about the results but I share the question Lance asked!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline GazzaS

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2018, 04:13:55 PM »
That wing looks fantastic!  Love the steps you took to get there.

Gaz
There are only two states to be in:  Queensland and blotto.

Offline gbrivio

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2018, 11:28:51 AM »
Thank you for your comments, the base streaking was made with an almost dry wide brush ( 25 mm. = 1" ) and the decal was made by replicating the pattern of the Aviattic's Fokker streaks, and colourizing with Photoshop, sampling the colours from the Gunze palette. Time consuming, but I wasn't able to paint streaks this way.
Ciao
Giuseppe