Author Topic: Morane Saulnier N Eduard 1:48  (Read 5415 times)

Offline Epeeman

Re: Morane Saulnier N Eduard 1:48
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:01:31 AM »
Nice one!

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2012, 03:51:04 AM »
Beautiful!  :)

I  had  my eye on a 1/32 Special  Hobby  Marane Sauliner - type N  and your photos  gives me the  "push" I  need to order one soon.  You certainly set the bar high for me!  :) 
I've been wanting  to try the hair spray effect.   
I do have one question .......exactly what color did you use over the  CDL to achieve that great effect?

BTW, I aways liked the M-S monoplanes and wish  someone would make a good  A-1  kit in 1/32..... other thant the Special Hopbby 1/48  kit .

« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 12:07:12 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline Cimmerian

« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2012, 04:00:01 AM »
Very nice model. Good work.
Regards, Ken

It's not worth doing something unless someone, somewhere, would much rather you weren't doing it.”

Offline xmald

« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 03:58:44 AM »
Cheers mates!My CDL is pretty simple. The first two coats are the base colour (plenty of possibilities to choose from I use Pactra some shade of light sand I can give you the FS number if you want), then using a brush I put yellow and brown pastels and later I use an earpick (a damp one) to blend them in. I re-apply pastels and blend for several times. Finally I put a coat of satin and that`s it!
BTW I love Morane Saulniers and Types L and G are also in my stash...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 04:00:25 AM by xmald »
Best regards
Filip

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:10 AM »
^ ^ ^
Thanks.  :)

I just made a bid on e-Bay for the Special Hobby  1/32 "N" and also for a Special Hobby 1/48  "A-1".

While I was there, I spoted an old, still sealed, Pyro kit of a 1/48 Bleriot XI and bid on that too. If I get that, it wiil be all CDL and wood with plenty of rigging!  :)

BTW,  are you referring to a chalk wash over the CDL and, exactly what do you mean by an "earpick"?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 06:14:45 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2012, 05:36:56 AM »
xmald, would you be able to do a tutorial type post on that technique with photo's?
I get what your saying, but seeing pictures along with descriptions helps me (and others I dare say) immensely!!

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline xmald

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2012, 06:34:01 PM »
I will certainly describe my technique with pics.as you wish
Best regards
Filip

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2012, 10:17:01 AM »
Well done, Xmald. Very nice work!
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2012, 12:15:11 PM »
I won the MS "N" for a fairly low price.  :)
I'm also  currently highest bidder on the MS "A-1"
I hope you don't  mind that I will use your pics for something  to strive for and duplicate on the "N".

BTW, I also won the Bleriot  and Avero (D) so,  I will be busy honing/developing  my rigging skills,  :) 
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:36:34 PM by JoeDxMB »

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #24 on: June 14, 2012, 04:17:55 AM »
Your skill in executing a subtle shading effect is very apparent here. Very nice indeed!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #25 on: June 14, 2012, 09:51:21 AM »
I will certainly describe my technique with pics.as you wish

That would be great (and appreciated) at some point xmald, but no hurry - in your own time :)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline xmald

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2012, 02:46:50 AM »
 I`m really glad that you like it. The description of the CDL technique will come out when I get to the point of painting my Avro 504, it may take some time though.

BTW, I also won the Bleriot  and Avero (D) so,  I will be busy honing/developing  my rigging skills,  :) 

Joe lucky you!!! Mate rigging is one of my favourite moments of model making, making turnbuckles however is a real pain in the ass ;) I`m planning to build Gotha V during the summer, so I`ll have hell lot of a pleasure...
Best regards
Filip

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2012, 04:35:35 AM »
I`m really glad that you like it. The description of the CDL technique will come out when I get to the point of painting my Avro 504, it may take some time though.

Joe lucky you!!! Mate rigging is one of my favourite moments of model making, making turnbuckles however is a real pain in the ass ;) I`m planning to build Gotha V during the summer, so I`ll have hell lot of a pleasure...

Yesterday, I also won the  Special Hobby 1/48 Morane Sauliner A-1.  I got enough stash to keep me busy for a while! :)

I think I will start with the A-1 as it will be esiest  to paint (silver and red) and rig.
The wing struts can be rigged before assembling and there are only 4 cables to the wings.

BTW, as far as turnbuckles and eyelets, I may rely on "Bob" for that. I seem to  have a few too many thumbs to make good eyelets.  ;)
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 04:47:40 AM by JoeDxMB »