Author Topic: Pup cokcpit rigging  (Read 1237 times)

Offline Dal Gavan

Pup cokcpit rigging
« on: November 17, 2014, 12:13:54 PM »
G'day.

I've rigged and assembled the WnW Pup and Tripe cockpits (in between doing Seven Years War uniform plates) and noticed that the Pup rigging diagrams (RFC and RNAS) don't show cross-bracing wires for the fuselage formers behind the seat (though they show those between the stringers- see red lines below).  These are present on the Tripe and also the Snipe.  I don't have the Pup Datafiles and the build logs I have found (I started with Des') don't show cross bracing being used, either.

Was the Pup cockpit cross braced, or not?  I'd have thought it would be, in line with the Tripe, etc.  And it's not too late to add the cross braces, should they be there.

Cheers.

Dal.

Michael Scarborough

Re: Pup cokcpit rigging
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2014, 12:38:22 PM »
Thanks for asking this question, Dal! I was just about to ask for help, myself!

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2014, 05:55:10 PM »

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2014, 08:11:48 PM »
Michael, sometimes I can be useful. :)

Bob von Knowledgeable, many thanks, mate.  I'll sort that termorra.

Cheers.

Dal.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2014, 04:21:07 AM »
Michael, sometimes I can be useful. :)

Dal, you sound like my wife.

I'm a few steps behind you. I used the HGW PE set and found it quite useful. I plan to add the turnbuckles, etc. later this week.  Are you planning on fully rigging the rudder bar? This is my first attempt at this sort of rigging with hardware but I am taking it slowly and look forward to it.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline Dal Gavan

Re: Pup cockpit rigging
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2014, 04:38:59 PM »
[G'day, Michael.

I'm a few steps behind you. I used the HGW PE set and found it quite useful. I plan to add the turnbuckles, etc. later this week.  Are you planning on fully rigging the rudder bar? This is my first attempt at this sort of rigging with hardware but I am taking it slowly and look forward to it.

Yes, mate, I rigged the rudder bar- it's easy to see the rigging exit behind the seat, when looking into the cockpit.  I put eyelets in the bar and then just looped the line through, using short lengths of MFH flexible 0.4mm tubing for the turnbuckles.  It's not that hard, really, it's just time consuming.  What I trying to do now is work out a way to tension the lines in both the Pup and the Tripe.  There's some good build logs with some good ideas.  I've just got to pick the one that works best for me.

Rigging kept me from trying biplanes for years.  But I couldn't resist WNW's Pfalz D.IIIa.  The blokes here gave me good advice and eventually I got it rigged.  Further experimentation gave me a method that works well for me (see my N.28 build log).  When I realised I like rigging, I knew I was a hopeless case.  :o

Cheers.

Dal.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2014, 11:56:05 PM »
OK, Dal, thanks for the advice and encouragement. I'm also following Des' build log, and his always helpful advice, and I am confident.

Cheers from NYC,
Michael