Author Topic: Lonestar Felix in 48 scale  (Read 905 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Lonestar Felix in 48 scale
« on: November 26, 2014, 01:18:16 PM »
Mike West is releasing his 48 scale kit of the Felix next month for those who find the WNW kit to big and the Roden kit to small ....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Rob Hart

Re: Lonestar Felix in 48 scale
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2014, 01:35:02 PM »
I hope so. I've had one on pre-order for at least a year.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2014, 01:58:42 PM »
I sure wish Mike would release some photos, though.  If it's just a resin re-pop of his old vac kit, I'm not on board.  On the other hand, if he put some photos up on his site and it looked good, then I would pre-order.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2014, 10:46:59 PM »
I did see one photo of some of the new parts on hyperscale and I'm waiting to see more photo's myself . I have Rodens 72 scale kit in the stash so I'm covered already .

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
I don't think Mike did the molds for this one. I'll post photos when I receive the kit. I'm hoping it is to the standard of say, the Alley Cat Vimy kit. I never saw the old LSM Felixstowe kit, but I remember reading a multi part article about building the kit by a modeler with the hand/eye coordination of a neuro surgeon in some old Windsock magazines. As I recall, it was an epic slog and it convinced me to give the kit a pass.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2014, 04:52:12 AM by Rob Hart »