Author Topic: Nieuport 24 colors  (Read 1630 times)

Offline Fokker boy

Nieuport 24 colors
« on: November 21, 2014, 06:02:43 AM »
Did the Nieuport 24 (in french colors), ever appear in anything besides the dull silver finish?
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Nieuport 24 colors
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2014, 06:04:55 AM »
Did the Nieuport 24 (in french colors), ever appear in anything besides the dull silver finish?

There is a pic of at least one in 5 color in the DF…

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2014, 06:34:17 AM »
Which datafile are you referring to? I have several on the Nieuports, but don't recall seeing anything. The reason I ask is that I was just gifted a 24 (1:32 Roden kit), but think I'll just go ahead and dump it as I can't find an appropriately cool scheme, and the silver just doesn't make it for me.
Kevin

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2014, 06:42:15 AM »
Which datafile are you referring to? I have several on the Nieuports, but don't recall seeing anything. The reason I ask is that I was just gifted a 24 (1:32 Roden kit), but think I'll just go ahead and dump it as I can't find an appropriately cool scheme, and the silver just doesn't make it for me.

It's in one of the 2 "Nieuport Fighters" volumes. I don't have it in front of me so I can't tell you which one. Probably the second volume. The a/c may be a 24bis. It is shown as a war weary school a/c minus armament. It has a worn "V" marking on the side. Quite a cool scheme imo… it's what I plan on doing with mine someday.

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2014, 07:27:39 AM »
Yep, found it, volume 2. I was looking for a color profile, but the aircraft is pictured as a WWI photo instead. Still not quite what I was hoping for though. By the way, the Roden kit I received is the bis version of the 24.

Thanks for the help.
Kevin

Offline gcn

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2014, 07:51:40 AM »
Bo have you found the key to eternal life because I'm guessing your plans run into 2135  :D

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2014, 08:02:07 AM »
Bo have you found the key to eternal life because I'm guessing your plans run into 2135  :D

I'd have to die, then be reincarnated as myself to finish all the kits I'd like to do "some day", and even then I might not make it.
Kevin

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2014, 08:05:59 AM »

Um yes, you are right, my plans are probably not realistic. ;)