Author Topic: Lix 3D pen  (Read 1214 times)

Offline jknaus

Lix 3D pen
« on: November 07, 2014, 03:44:57 AM »
Not really WWI, Imagine what you could do with this.

http://lixpen.com/

I think this is the film (cant get them at work).
http://www.google.ca/url?q=http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DZenIa71mMj4&sa=U&ei=yq1bVKPaGdOyyASUoILQCg&ved=0CCYQtwIwAg&usg=AFQjCNHMYHnI4qPYfCH45ttRlWYExxPWkw

After seeing the creative genious of this comunity I can only image what this pen could be used for. And so inexpensive also.
James

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
Re: Lix 3D pen
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2014, 06:55:16 AM »
Thanks James for the link, a very interesting idea but I am trying to think of ways we could use it in our hobby, it has possibilities.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline jknaus

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2014, 07:03:15 AM »
I was thinking ribs, maybe weave a seat, fine cables customs drawn in. I like looking at tools and stuff lying around and thinking of new possabilites. The first rotating tooth brush I saw I bought and glued sand paper to the bristles and made a rotary sander. James

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2014, 07:05:47 AM »
Weaving a wicker seat, now that has possibilities, excellent thought James. It looks like the main ingredient for using this pen is a very steady hand.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2014, 10:18:31 AM »
looks possibly ideal for making trees for dioramas...

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2014, 10:19:50 AM »
I was thinking ribs, maybe weave a seat, fine cables customs drawn in. I like looking at tools and stuff lying around and thinking of new possabilites. The first rotating tooth brush I saw I bought and glued sand paper to the bristles and made a rotary sander. James

jknaus, you're my new hero.  ;) ;)  I thought about that when I first saw one too.

Warren

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2014, 10:38:59 AM »
That's kinda cool !

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2014, 04:32:40 PM »
if you could get a fine enuff output it would be great for us who dont love rigging. you know touch turnbuckle a and stretch to turnbuckle b , done.  ....i wish. i actually thought of that idea a few years ago but i imagined a glue like substance in a syringe like tube that would shrink slightly after you run a rigging line thereby pulling it perfectly taught.

Offline jknaus

« Reply #8 on: November 07, 2014, 09:47:27 PM »
I was wondering about rigging but the temp is 356F to 456F. I would worry about melting the model. Would be interesting to try though..
James

Offline andyw

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2014, 03:39:43 AM »
Having watched the video I would buy it if they could do finer lines. I know it is not WW1 but it could make plumbing of engine and wheel bays a sinch

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2014, 05:38:07 PM »
yeah if it did finer it could be perfect to do spark plug lines for engines too.